• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Turning ones life around

Mephisto

I'll get straight to the point. Ever since i graduated college, i have been unable to conform or adapt to the world around me. Like i mentioned in my introduction I currently work for my father but it was only supposed to be a temporary solution til i found a job. Now its been 6+ yrs and i am seemly no closer to a job simply because i know i would be fired immediately because of what happens regularly at work. I am late most days except in the afternoon, I get into arguments at work with the staff sometimes. There are other things too but either way if this was real i would get fired.

I have signed up on websites that deal with getting work for aspergers however since our wretched economy is still in the hole thx to 2008; I believe everyone else is in the same boat as me and i have gotten no responses. I have checked with my states local DHS but they also have long lines. All in all i seem to be getting no wherea nd i rather not do a blind search applying to ever other job part or full time because the same result will happen back when i graduated college. They either call back saying that have nothing at this time, Do not call back or i end up blowing the interview. I seriously need a new direction to go in.

I'll get straight to the point. Ever since i graduated college, i have been unable to conform or adapt to the world around me. Like i mentioned in my introduction I currently work for my father but it was only supposed to be a temporary solution til i found a job. Now its been 6+ yrs and i am seemly no closer to a job simply because i know i would be fired immediately because of what happens regularly at work. I am late most days except in the afternoon, I get into arguments at work with the staff sometimes. There are other things too but either way if this was real i would get fired.

I have signed up on websites that deal with getting work for aspergers however since our wretched economy is still in the hole thx to 2008; I believe everyone else is in the same boat as me and i have gotten no responses. I have checked with my states local DHS but they also have long lines. All in all i seem to be getting no wherea nd i rather not do a blind search applying to ever other job part or full time because the same result will happen back when i graduated college. They either call back saying that have nothing at this time, Do not call back or i end up blowing the interview. I seriously need a new direction to go in.
I'm the same I've been fired loads of times...... I've not worked for 6 years now...i would like to open my own business or go off grid.... don't get depressed about it .

I wish so much for you that things work out. I don't have hope for myself. I've had the 'meeting with the manager" too many times. I hate hearing, "I need to see you in my office." I already know what it means. Very hard for me to get along with people at work. Maybe it's the biggest handicap for aspie people at work. It's enough to get you fired. Please find a way and succeed and come back and tell the rest of us. We need hope. Sorry for not being more encouraging. Then again I have been to aspie meetings where lots of people were employed. One fellow even retired on stock options at 39 so there are success stories. I don't know how some people do it. I can't really figure out how to get along with people and work situations tend to involve a lot of social understanding which, can baffle me.

I have been fired a couple of times.. not a pleasant experience. I am self employed using I.T. to replace staff. I function better at a slower pace of work. With the economically tough times, unemployment will soon be the norm.

New Threads

Top Bottom