• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Trying to learn a new technique (getting frustrated)

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Re: photography

I'm trying to pick up a new technique of taking photos, based on watching a friend I go out with once a week for a walk

For those who know what I'm talking about, using the LCD screen instead of the upper viewfinder to do street photography

Twice now I've tried, it feels awkward for one thing (physically), and my results are downright crappy, essentially a failure, I do know it's a learning process but one thing I've struggled with for years is having trouble sticking with learning a new skill because I don't like failure

Yet... There will be failure (too strong of a word?) when learning a new thing, maybe even lots of failure... And I know that I need to stick with it and keep trying if I really want to pick up this technique

And I wonder sometimes if that is why I'm less experimental at trying new things, because of that fear of failure and a tendency to beat myself up

To illustrate, one taken with my eye level viewfinder today, something I've been doing for a long time:

LCD 02.jpg

And now one of my experiments today with using the LCD screen, looking down at the LCD screen, pure crap! And extremely soft/out of focus...

LCD 01.jpg

Again I do know learning is a process, also asking my friend for some tips, and perhaps finding some online tutorials, but I have trouble being patient with myself to get into that process...

New Threads

Top Bottom