• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Truck in alligator pond today /other Florida stories

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
Today l drove down my cute little road to where all the trucks gang up on all the car drivers. They are aggressive, alot of them take uppers so l am glad that everyone survived. I live on a road that hits a major freeway in Florida. We have had a lot of alligator attacks recently also.

Do you have any truck/alligator stories? I am happy to report the other driver didn't go into the pond, but her car is a demo. She was standing outside of it before the tow company came.

Attachments

• 20220727_165223.jpg
    20220727_165223.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Holy crap! I’m glad everyone survived too. I think I would die from a panic attack if I ended up in the water with alligators.

I haven’t been to Florida in a few years now but I remember it looking like that lol. There were alligator ponds everywhere.
We rented a house in Melbourne, Florida.

Holy crap! I’m glad everyone survived too. I think I would die from a panic attack if I ended up in the water with alligators.

I haven’t been to Florida in a few years now but I remember it looking like that lol. There were alligator ponds everywhere.
We rented a house in Melbourne, Florida.

They wrestle alligators for fun in Florida, so they can't be that bad. :)

Last edited:
He actually shot thru a fence further up and landed in the middle of the pond. The lady driver was at the stoplight with the front of her car demolished so he may have aggressively cut her off getting into her lane. They had started to tow him already when l finally was able to shoot that picture. This week some lady fell into pond at country club and left us, because two gators got hungry.. She was 70 years old. RIP. Then some guy was struck by lighting doing landscaping Sadly. RIP. And the other guy lost his entire arm to crocs, however he is alive. And of course, somebody was reeling in a swordfish, about 100 lbs, the fish jumped up and speared the poor female standing there. And you thought you were having a bad day?

Edited; and add the boy who had a brain eating amoeba enter thru his nose swimming at Port Charlotte.

Last edited:
He actually shot thru a fence further up and landed in the middle of the pond. The lady driver was at the stoplight with the front of her car demolished so he may have aggressively cut her off getting into her lane. They had started to tow him already when l finally was able to shoot that picture. This week some lady fell into pond at country club and left us, because two gators got hungry.. She was 70 years old. RIP. Then some guy was struck by lighting doing landscaping Sadly. RIP. And the other guy lost his entire arm to crocs, however he is alive. And of course, somebody was reeling in a swordfish, about 100 lbs, the fish jumped up and speared the poor female standing there. And you thought you were having a bad day?
You can tell where Carl Hiassen got his inspiration.

I should change this to best Florida story. Okay to get this started, the guy who rode drunk on his John Deere lawnmower to liquor store. Or the lady that shoved a baby alligator down her pants when pulled over by the cops. They also were caught with box tirtles that they were going to sell.

the guy who rode drunk on his John Deere lawnmower to liquor store.
This has actually happened here too.
And teenagers riding sleds attached to the back of a car or a truck. I’ve done that, it was hilarious but terrifying.
People drive around on tractors and lawnmowers and four-wheelers here like they’re cars. I never thought it was weird or anything until people from other places told me it doesn’t happen everywhere. Lol

I think these are just standard “country people” things lol but to people who don’t live around here it just looks absurd or sounds like an exaggeration or a joke.

Look up the Marshfield Fair. That’s a good example of rural Massachusetts. For better or for worse. Lol

93BD6732-66EB-42CE-BA94-0BF1CD82CC75.pngE0859494-340A-46D2-9910-B048038D9349.png3B9447FC-9409-4D4F-B415-0963904624CE.pngF3C5324A-B5B9-440D-AF0B-87E2423DEBD5.png537A9385-05B7-4548-86A4-D3CE9E7E8E9F.png7BCF9543-E464-475B-AC6C-A784A89685B8.png936E5E9D-3603-4538-B92B-1F467B7FD1B2.png

Edited; and add the boy who had a brain eating amoeba enter thru his nose swimming at Port Charlotte.

I have noticed that when I see a crazy news story from the US here, it's often from Florida. What is going on there. But I have also heard they have summer temperatures in the winter, so I love Florida. :)

the guy who rode drunk on his John Deere lawnmower to liquor store.

I did that many times back in the early 2000s. It wasn't a John Deere but the landlord had a nice lawnmover that I often 'borrowed' to go to the store. :D They are nice to cruise with, you have plenty of time to enjoy the scenery. But it's very difficult to do donuts with them.

Last edited:
The Marshfield Fair looks like the big weekends in rural Missouri also.
I lived there 15 years.

Now I'm one of those Floridians.
Lighting hitting people and yep, gators everywhere.
There have been several people found in gator ponds in Largo lately.

When I lived on the edge of Tampa Bay, there were gators in the back yard and in the pond across the street.
They pulled one 13 ft long out of a brackish water inlet right behind the house.
He lived there for quite a while before taken away and never bothered anyone.
Others were just around.
There was a young 4 ft one that loved to follow me around.
Everyone accused me of feeding it, but I didn't.
They said it was in love with me. Acted like it.
One day it brought a fish to me and laid it at my feet. And a flower once.

Now I live with a golf course behind the house. It has a lot of ponds and trees.
Never see a gator. Coyotes, Sandhill Cranes, Geese on the green and occasionally a Bay Lynx.
People are afraid of the Coyotes. Never bothered me.
P6100005.jpg

Made me wonder how big prehistoric Crocadiles and Alligators were. Pretty big.

156866ceb3d77b3e90c287dafe02556e.jpg

The Marshfield Fair looks like the big weekends in rural Missouri also.
I lived there 15 years.

Now I'm one of those Floridians.
Lighting hitting people and yep, gators everywhere.
There have been several people found in gator ponds in Largo lately.

When I lived on the edge of Tampa Bay, there were gators in the back yard and in the pond across the street.
They pulled one 13 ft long out of a brackish water inlet right behind the house.
He lived there for quite a while before taken away and never bothered anyone.
Others were just around.
There was a young 4 ft one that loved to follow me around.
Everyone accused me of feeding it, but I didn't.
They said it was in love with me. Acted like it.
One day it brought a fish to me and laid it at my feet. And a flower once.

Now I live with a golf course behind the house. It has a lot of ponds and trees.
Never see a gator. Coyotes, Sandhill Cranes, Geese on the green and occasionally a Bay Lynx.
People are afraid of the Coyotes. Never bothered me.
View attachment 82639
Nice pic. Once got up early to get a permit to kayak into the preserve in Myakka River State Park. We were resting in a quiet pool and near us the surface was boiling like a lot of fish were feeding. Looking closer it was actually lots of baby 'gators jumping at insects. I have never seen that before or since.

(added) For those who like nature the nature preserve in Mayakka River State Park is a real treat. You will need a canoe or kayak, and in return Giant turtles, Black and Turkey vultures, Vultures with their heads in a giant turtle shell, eating it, Ibises and other birds, and many, many, gators. You practically need to be at the ranger station when it opens to get a permit, but it is well worth it.

Last edited:
I have noticed that when I see a crazy news story from the US here, it's often from Florida. What is going on there. But I have also heard they have summer temperatures in the winter, so I love Florida. :)

I did that many times back in the early 2000s. It wasn't a John Deere but the landlord had a nice lawnmover that I often 'borrowed' to go to the store. :D They are nice to cruise with, you have plenty of time to enjoy the scenery. But it's very difficult to do donuts with them.
The guy got arrested because you can't operate a motor vehicle drunk. We have a lot of accidents from drunk boaters too.

I can operate a lawnmower drunk, it's not difficult at all. ;)
Florida cops will arrest you driving it to liquor store. I live next to college, high school, and 5,000 bars, so l drive very very very carefully

Last edited:
Florida cops will arrest you driving it too liquor store. I live next to college, high school, and 5,000 bars, so l drive very very very carefully

If they told me I couldn't operate a lawnmower while drunk, I would say "Sure I can, hold my beer and watch this!". ;) :D

I'm just being silly.

New Threads

Top Bottom