• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Triggers for Anger???

Another thing for me is when someone tells me that I can't do something that should be possible. For example, at the fast food outlet I choose what I want from tne menu and then wait in line. When my turn comes and I order, they tell me that they don't have it.

So it you don't have it, why is it on the friggin' menu???

Most people would just say, doesn't matter, I'll order something else, but not me, I storm out of the shop and go elsewhere. It ruins my day.

Another thing for me is when someone tells me that I can't do something that should be possible. For example, at the fast food outlet I choose what I want from tne menu and then wait in line. When my turn comes and I order, they tell me that they don't have it.

So it you don't have it, why is it on the friggin' menu???

Most people would just say, doesn't matter, I'll order something else, but not me, I storm out of the shop and go elsewhere. It ruins my day.

That happened to me, changed my excitement into a pout. They should have announced me from the get go while bringing the menu to me. They were busy then, it was my city's days, a holiday, so they had tons of people to serve. Next times I could just ask what's missing from the menu myself, but not while she threw the menus on and dashed off. She said they don't serve warm drinks in the summer, except a few like tea and coffee. I had switched to ginger tea, a sort of masala rather which was more than what I had expected from a ginger tea, which i actually like. It was cheaper too. Originally I ordered a winter-like drink with apple and cinnamon and other cool stuff that i was really curious about. But since it was my 2nd time ever in a restaurant and soneone else was paying that was quite alright. I was glad to order a goat cheese greek salad which was yummy and healthy. It took a while for us to get served since it was crowded, they said in 45 minutes max it would come, and that its specified on the menu. Meanwhile I had the hot tea to smell which came a little faster.

That happened to me, changed my excitement into a pout. They should have announced me from the get go while bringing the menu to me. They were busy then, it was my city's days, a holiday, so they had tons of people to serve. Next times I could just ask what's missing from the menu myself, but not while she threw the menus on and dashed off. She said they don't serve warm drinks in the summer, except a few like tea and coffee. I had switched to ginger tea, a sort of masala rather which was more than what I had expected from a ginger tea, which i actually like. It was cheaper too. Originally I ordered a winter-like drink with apple and cinnamon and other cool stuff that i was really curious about. But since it was my 2nd time ever in a restaurant and soneone else was paying that was quite alright. I was glad to order a goat cheese greek salad which was yummy and healthy. It took a while for us to get served since it was crowded, they said in 45 minutes max it would come, and that its specified on the menu. Meanwhile I had the hot tea to smell which came a little faster.
They should have two menus, a summer one and a winter one.

I never eat out or even go out on a public holiday for this very reason - too many people, too much chaos.

For me triggers that i can identify. Is hunger,extreme fear, feeling anxious, feeling like im in danger. Or someone constantly sxreams at me. Stress, feeling unworthy and in some causes cruelty wither real life or on film.

OMG. You bring up an area that is very sensitive to me- when he calls customer service, at the cable company for example. His fuse is so short dealing with customer service because he either feels like the representative is inept or not taking his concerns seriously. He got fired from several jobs because he used to work IT support and he could not handle dealing with who he thought were stupid people. No patience!

In Regard to his frustration with customer service people, I literally had to coach him, for both my own sensitivity to anger as well as to fairness to the customer service representative.

I had to explain to him that they were the most powerless people in the company. They had no responsibility for the cable service being ******. And that by him being rude to them It could totally ruin the rest of their day.
From what i know, autistic people doesnt like to phone too. Phone + customer service = boom!

New Threads

Top Bottom