• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Trapped

Perhaps you can find people on Facebook, or through church, county offices, or under google searches for “junk removal” with your zip code in the search.

Where I am not only are there junk removal companies, but entire Facebook groups to getting rid of junk, by individual suburban city. If you are rural, there are bound to be many truck owners who would hire some locals and help you out for a fee. There are also garbage removal services I would image. Unless everyone is burning garbage in their back yards. Some counties allow that in super rural areas. If your region has a dump, there has got to be people trucking to and from the dump also. Try searching chamber of commerces.

How far away from a real city do you live? You make me realize my fantasies of living rural have some problems. No one around has a truck and possible youngish strong men with muscle to do this labor???
Not many that want too. Welfare area. Too busy smokin dope. I may can. They may come back later and rob my good area though. Even nice country areas will have people from outside that can also target you for crime. Most people in those areas keep guns and will use them. So if you don’t tote a gun, don’t go if you want absolute security. By the time a sheriff get there the thug be gone.

I found a dump that will charge $15 a pick up load that we take ourselves or $375 for a metal bin that they will pick back up and $75 a month thereafter. So in a month if hubby does not at least have one room cleaned out a bin will show up and he will pay for it from his account. I just hope he doesn’t think it is his new place to store more. Surely he won’t do that!

Perhaps you can find people on Facebook, or through church, county offices, or under google searches for “junk removal” with your zip code in the search.

Where I am not only are there junk removal companies, but entire Facebook groups to getting rid of junk, by individual suburban city. If you are rural, there are bound to be many truck owners who would hire some locals and help you out for a fee. There are also garbage removal services I would image. Unless everyone is burning garbage in their back yards. Some counties allow that in super rural areas. If your region has a dump, there has got to be people trucking to and from the dump also. Try searching chamber of commerces.
Our entire state has low population. We do not even have a county dump any longer but I did find a cheap one. I may call him back and do just what you said. If hubby doesn’t get into in gear then maybe the dump guy will ask some of his clients that come in there with big trucks. I don’t do Fb.

How far away from a real city do you live? You make me realize my fantasies of living rural have some problems. No one around has a truck and possible youngish strong men with muscle to do this labor???
I live in a small town but the closest real city is 100 miles.

The metal you said he "recycles."

Rather than pay to have it hauled away,
can somebody take it to the salvage yard?

Aluminum, brass, iron, "tin cans"....
Salvage yards pay for metal.

he promises to do that. he actually does that for spending money and is gone to take a load now. problem is, he sees it as a bank for withdrawal only when he wants too so the pile got too large. I dont mind a smaller pile behind some lattice work, semi hidden. The small cat colony of 5 to 8 catch every possible mouse. I am actually reasonable with him. But he gets lady removing non metal parts. The metal is a better price if all plastic is removed but he is getting older and slower in dealing with it. He never did do a good job of keeping up with it. It is beginning g to crowd my car I bough brand new two years ago. Therefore the pressure is really on. .so if he doesn’t ditch most of the metal. I will have to try to load stuff in a bin for a man to pick up.

he promises to do that. he actually does that for spending money and is gone to take a load now. problem is, he sees it as a bank for withdrawal only when he wants too so the pile got too large. I dont mind a smaller pile behind some lattice work, semi hidden. The small cat colony of 5 to 8 catch every possible mouse. I am actually reasonable with him. But he gets lady removing non metal parts. The metal is a better price if all plastic is removed but he is getting older and slower in dealing with it. He never did do a good job of keeping up with it. It is beginning g to crowd my car I bough brand new two years ago. Therefore the pressure is really on. .so if he doesn’t ditch most of the metal. I will have to try to load stuff in a bin for a man to pick up.

See if there are some teenagers around that want some cash. They all want cash these days and they can do all the work of loading so that you or the hubby don’t have to. You could go and post some notices up wherever the locals go...diner, gas station, local tavern. I bet there are people out there that need money and are willing to do this job for you.

I also wonder how clear your instructions are to your husband. Do you still him “I want a 20 foot clear area around my new car, and stacking the junk vertically does not count. It has to be taken to the junk or recycling yard within 5 days or else. No excuses will do.”

Than make all the arrangements to get it removed- even if he swears he will do it all himself. Tell him that on the 5th day they are coming and he will not stop them. You want immediate results.

I found a dump that will charge $15 a pick up load that we take ourselves or $375 for a metal bin that they will pick back up and $75 a month thereafter. So in a month if hubby does not at least have one room cleaned out a bin will show up and he will pay for it from his account. I just hope he doesn’t think it is his new place to store more. Surely he won’t do that!

Bad idea. He will use it as a new place to store stuff. I think that you are still being too easy with him. Why give him a whole month before consequences? Break the task down into smaller pieces, with weekly or even half week time frames. A month sounds endless and procrastinators always wait till the next end to start. Trust me, I have long time experience with all this. Get those neighbors who do not drink and drug to lend a hand. Or get your church members involved (I don’t do church, but a lotta folks seem to do that). Make it a party....do you have relatives to help out? Serve pizza, watermelons, etc. and a pie. People will love to help. Everyone can’t be all bad living around you.

The metal you said he "recycles."

Rather than pay to have it hauled away,
can somebody take it to the salvage yard?

Aluminum, brass, iron, "tin cans"....
Salvage yards pay for metal.
He gets about $40 a load of uncleaned metal. cleaned or plastic and stuff removed off of it he gets sometimes $80 a load. i’m trying not to take away income money. I could easily eadvertise the metal and every crack head for 100 miles would be here to tote it off. He picks up cans every day, they bring the most.

I’m very clear and at times can make him make a dent. one time .i started throwing away stuff while he was gone and i took it on myself. I was so upset I think I threw away a very rare book worth a lot of money. But most of it is trash. Up until now we had a regular county dump. I had no way to enforce it. But today I found out I can spend my husband’s own money and have a private dump bring me a pod and I can load it or get someone to load it and the dump man will pick my pod back up and carry it to his dump. Btw, anyone want a real solid brass bed from a tore down 1800’s house? If not, it can go to the dump for the brass. To me it is ugly. Has to be polished all the time. I could take it to a tourist place. They do shabby chic B&B.

You may think i’m crazy, but I live in an area of a different type. They get mad if you ask them to do that type of work. There are a few old men that will do it. It isn’t as easy in my area. I do not live in a normal suburbia. I am good friends with everyone here and respected. But things have to be done a certain way that does not offend the culture. Most teens just want to hang out with their friends. They don’t go looking for work. Parents either can afford to give them money. Or they have a real job, Or they have their goonies younger than them steal from Walmart and sell it in the local black market for those that cannot afford Walmart prices for shampoo, or they are in summer school and taking after school tutoring to pass. Besides the teens can be another problem. One of my friends was murdered and onother one murdered by 4 teens one of which was a 14 year old girl. one friend was stabbed 37 times yhenither one was blugeoned to death. So great idea for somewhere else but not here. Might get me noticed and killed. If theyre in my house they know what kind of locks and windows I have and how to get in. Most people do not let people in their house here, not even kids. The kids are the main ones you gotta be careful of.

Did that for years. Gave up. Long as a spouse think they can get their way, they will. He has one months to clean out one room as a first step. If not progress I’m getting a pod company that will haul it to the dump and I will hire or buy my friends beer to pack it. Pod $375 1st month, $75 each month after. Each pick up load to the dump if he hauls it is $15 a trip.

Not really. But I will try to find someone if hubby fails. The good thing is I have an exit door on the part we live in where I do not have to walk through that part at all. If I had to walk through it, I would be divorced or moved off somewhere, because there is no pathways to walk through.

You may think i’m crazy, but I live in an area of a different type. They get mad if you ask them to do that type of work. There are a few old men that will do it. It isn’t as easy in my area. I do not live in a normal suburbia. I am good friends with everyone here and respected. But things have to be done a certain way that does not offend the culture. Most teens just want to hang out with their friends. They don’t go looking for work. Parents either can afford to give them money. Or they have a real job, Or they have their goonies younger than them steal from Walmart and sell it in the local black market for those that cannot afford Walmart prices for shampoo, or they are in summer school and taking after school tutoring to pass. Besides the teens can be another problem. One of my friends was murdered and onother one murdered by 4 teens one of which was a 14 year old girl. one friend was stabbed 37 times yhenither one was blugeoned to death. So great idea for somewhere else but not here. Might get me noticed and killed. If theyre in my house they know what kind of locks and windows I have and how to get in. Most people do not let people in their house here, not even kids. The kids are the main ones you gotta be careful of.

You initially wrote that you lived in a rural poverty filled area without close by neighbors- not “suburbia.” Also, you mentioned that a lot of the junk was outside in the yard. This is what I was talking about.

The stuff outside is metal he has collected to take to the metal plant for about $80 a pickup load. It would be better if he hauls it to get the money. He has a pickup. Whereas the stuff inside the house truely is junk and useless.

New Threads

Top Bottom