• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Top Gun - Maverick well worth the wait in theaters

Neonatal RRT

V.I.P Member
Just got back from the theater. In 1986, I saw the first Top Gun movie, I thought it was pretty good. In 2022, Top Gun Maverick'sfirst scene gave me goosebumps, and it kept it coming. I waited for this film for 2 years and due to CoVID, it was postponed. My wife and I used to go to the theater about once a month, or so and some films, you just have to have that big screen experience. This is one of them. This is not one of those "I'll wait until I can stream it on my monitor at home." My wife and I did the IMAX experience and it did not disappoint. I would give this a "5 star" rating.

Thank you for your review. We might have to see it.

This weekend, my wife and I saw the second Downton Abbey movie. It was great fun. If you like Downton Abbey, it’s a must. If you haven’t watched any Downton Abbey, then skip it.

I also took my sons to see Dr Strange 2 today. It was … average. Not as bad as Eternals, but it suffered from the same problem - it didn’t give me anyone to care about. After all the action and the final fight it was just … over. I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re in the “Must See All Marvel Movies” camp.

I'll check it out.

The last I saw is; Everything, Everywhere, All at Once. On amazing, surrealistic, "one day in your life," multidimensional, thriller. I wish I had taken about 10 mg THC before seeing it. As it was, it left me gaping. Where is American film talent when the Chinese have gone beyond supero-hero-universes, tropes? The only movie, as strange I've seen, is Kung Fu Hustle.

Last edited:
We have not been to see a movie since 2019. Maybe it is time.

I still think this is better than both Top Gun movies. ;)

hot.jpg hot.jpg

Friends of ours just told us today that they really liked Maverik, too. I’ll definitely have to go see it.

Finally watched it. First (full) movie at the theater since the pandemic started. The adrenaline is still wearing off....excellent movie. That's how you do it producers.

Found out my friend's dishwasher mechanic's son-in-law trained and flew with Rooster for the film. Apparently he used to train the Blue Angels. Lol, interesting connections.

New Threads

Top Bottom