• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Today is Meat Loaf's Birthday!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Today, the 27th of Seotember, is Marvin Lee Aday, aka Meat Loaf's 70th Birthday, he was born on this day in 1947.

The larger than life singer and rocker has had some great hits including the original Bat out of hell way back in 1977, and I'd do anything for love (but I won't do that) which made UK Christmas number 1 in 1993.

He's also had 11 top selling albums including the original Bat out of hell, Blind before I stop, Midnight at the lost and found, Dead Ringer, Bad Attitude and several others including Bat out of hell II: Back into hell.

Is anyone else on here a fan of his work? I've seen him live 5 times, although the last time we went, his support act was better IMO, there was a time a guy like him wouldn't have needed a support act but he's had health issues.

Last edited:
Ah, Meatloaf. I remember him best from his role in the Rocky Horror Picture Show, as well as that time on The Apprentice when he threw a fit over an arts & crafts project he was doing with Gary Busey. (I know that that sentence sounds like the setup to a Family Guy cutaway gag, but it really happened.)

I love the works of meatloaf, I consider it a guilty pleasure of mine. Actually I guess it's not accurate to say the works of as he isn't much for writing his own stuff. I love his voice and just the whole unique act about it. I think he sings with tremolo rather than the more proper vibrato but does it like a champ. I don't know why but I even admire his style, the big fat guy in a tux performing rock/opera. His often crazy facial expressions trying to convey the emotion of the songs are priceless. I have never had the opportunity to see him live. There may have been a chance when I was a teenager but too late for that now.

In case anyone didn't know there is now a broadway stage play based on his music. "Bat out of hell: the musical." It gets rave reviews. A post apocalyptic story with young actors singing out his music. I would love to go see it.

Bat Out of Hell

I like the music video for "More than you deserve" where he plays as a truck driver... wearing a tux. The entire video is a euphemism for a girl cheating on him. I'm not a big fan of the "angel" he keeps imagining in the video. Her hair scares me, I find the regular serving girl prettier.

For anyone with 8 min to kill. Here's one that I'd bet even a lot of meatloaf fans are not familiar with.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom