• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tinnitus relief?

I should’ve thought to try turning the volume up on the tone generator, I turned it way down because the first tone was really loud. Turning the volume up to 50%, I can hear it all the way to the upper limit:eek: But I’m only 28.

It seems like my brain is wired to use hearing as the primary sense instead of sight, probably that ties into this.

I've had tinnitus since age 13.
Also developed visual snow at that age.
The thing I noticed from the beginning is stress made it more intense with me.
It still does. Today has been stressful and tonight as I sit in the still of the night at the computer,
I'm really hearing it.
It will probably settle down when I do. That's how it's always been for me.

I developed Menieres disease a few years ago, but, can't tell it made it any worse.
Soft and calming white noise sounds or meditative music without words also helps.
The visual snow disappeared as I got older. By age 30 it was gone completely.

Story:

I told my wife last night about this thread. Showed her the article I posted, then showed her the AudioNotch site. Now, a bit of history,...I have been accusing her of going deaf for years because she has the TV up loud and can't seem to hear her own phone vibrate from the other room. She also has a father that does have hearing aides and has always spoken in a loud, boisterous voice. She also accuses me of speaking very softly, to the point of her not hearing me, or mishearing me. "You're not in the neonatal unit,...use your "outside" voice.":D Me: "I am using my normal voice. I can hear myself perfectly.":D I can sit in the car and hear every little noise the engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, body squeaks,...much to my distress,...and the mechanics that we have brought the car to in order to troubleshoot those noises,...and not find anything. Another reason for us to go electric with our vehicles,...far fewer noises. At any rate, our little banter has been going on for years. Well, we did the AudioNotch thing, ran up and down the frequency range at different volumes,...she has normal hearing....o_O:D. Uuuggghhh! Ok,...fine,...I'm the weird one.:D

Good news, her hearing is normal. Bad news,...as she has suspected all along,...I CAN hear her from the other room. Shhhh. I've just been ignoring her because it's rude to have conversations across rooms and I don't want to be disturbed.;) I may have done myself a disservice.:D

I've had tinnitus since age 13.
Also developed visual snow at that age.
The thing I noticed from the beginning is stress made it more intense with me.
It still does. Today has been stressful and tonight as I sit in the still of the night at the computer,
I'm really hearing it.
It will probably settle down when I do. That's how it's always been for me.

I developed Menieres disease a few years ago, but, can't tell it made it any worse.
Soft and calming white noise sounds or meditative music without words also helps.
The visual snow disappeared as I got older. By age 30 it was gone completely.
I don't have Meniere's disease but I do have high vulnerability to motion sickness. I have since childhood but it is getting a bit worse as I age. Most amusement park rides are off-limits and I tend to drive very gently.

I don't have Meniere's disease but I do have high vulnerability to motion sickness. I have since childhood but it is getting a bit worse as I age. Most amusement park rides are off-limits and I tend to drive very gently.

I guess boats are out? I do not get motion sick at all. The only time I come close us when I have been on the boat for a while and come back to land. Sailors call it land sick. The sensation is very much like being tippsy but the sensation just lasts and hour or two.

I guess boats are out? I do not get motion sick at all. The only time I come close us when I have been on the boat for a while and come back to land. Sailors call it land sick. The sensation is very much like being tippsy but the sensation just lasts and hour or two.
Boats can be handled thru the miracle of Scopolamine patches.

If I get sick on the road, I take a break. They have quick dissolve dimenhydrinate that is absorbed thru the mucous membranes in your mouth. Really useful if you start throwing up.

Boats can be handled thru the miracle of Scopolamine patches.

If I get sick on the road, I take a break. They have quick dissolve dimenhydrinate that is absorbed thru the mucous membranes in your mouth. Really useful if you start throwing up.
I rarely get motion sick. The only time I came close was on a blue water dive. No visual reference even when the brain is sensing movement. While I know that regulators are made to vomit through, but I didn't want to test it. Just stopped descending and looked to find my dive buddy just to have a reference. Found her about 15 feet below me and as I watched a Leopard Shark, much larger than her swam up to check her out. That cleared my mind and all queasyness disappeared.

New Threads

Top Bottom