• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

thunder storms

We have some great storm clouds tonight rolling through... I'm kind of tempted to take the camera out tonight for awhile...

Gah! Responding to myself, how pathetic is that...

I took a look outside, and the dramatic clouds earlier in the evening gave way to rather dull grey clouds with very little definition, just dull... *sigh* Hides back inside the house again, feeling like a complete failure... :emojiconfused:

I had to get off the computer earlier. We've had electrical storms for hours here.

Spectacular crashes of thunder to the north. :cool:

There was this funny moment at my house the other day:

Me, to Maddog: "Come on, dude. I'm not scared of lightning. I USED to, but that was when I was a kid."
Maddog: "Never say never."
Me: "You're being ridi--*KABOOM!!* [A massive fork of lightning strikes the small field just across from our house, causing a percussive shockwave so loud and powerful it cuts the power briefly.]

(When the power is restored, I am suddenly not in the room anymore.)
Maddog: "What the f-- Where'd he go?!"
Me, sheepishly tiptoeing the stairs: "I...um...went upstairs."
I understand. The most fearful i have been in a thunderstorm was last April in Bangkok. There was an undetectable difference between the eye searing flashes and what sounded like a loud crach that you could feel. I ducked into a pastry shop where I sat out the storm with a slice of Black Forest cake and cappuccino. Such unrelenting violence.

If it's the weekend, yes. Because it's an excuse to stay inside and enjoy the rain sounds. But the loud lighting strikes can be interesting.

Just saw today, on news, four people struck by lighting in Washington DC. They all were critically injured and are in the hospital.

Ugh. The thunderstorms are wreaking havoc on the car shows downtown here for Hot August Nights which just started. Lots of thunder and lightning, but little rain outside my door. Still, they even broadcasted an emergency alert system warning.

Last edited:
We have some great storm clouds tonight rolling through... I'm kind of tempted to take the camera out tonight for awhile...
They didn't make it as far east as Strathmore. Disappointing as I had the cameras and the drone ready to go.

Cheers from a fellow Hurtin' Albertan.

They didn't make it as far east as Strathmore. Disappointing as I had the cameras and the drone ready to go.

Cheers from a fellow Hurtin' Albertan.

Hah! A local, I saw your Instagram add before going to the forum here... Just back from battling the evening sun at a classic car cruise night, and some attempts at photography...

Nice to meet you online here

Ugh. The thunderstorms are wreaking havoc on the car shows downtown here for Hot August Nights which just started. Lots of thunder and lightning, but little rain outside my door. Still, they even broadcasted an emergency alert system warning.

I hope it gets better for the show, we did have September 2019 here in Alberta, a car show cancelled by a very bad snow storm! It wasn't actually cancelled, about 20 classic cars still showed up

One photo from a local cruise night tonight, I know it's not a storm cloud :rolleyes:

A&W Cruise 01.jpg

who like thunder storms i like thunder storms
how about you
ME! We’ve had so much heat lately, it was nice to have 3 days of on and off storms. Another thing was watching the annoying neighbors set up for a party on Saturday, they made a ton of noise until 12 ( which is a huge Social no no here) and then the storm came in and they had to leave everything outside.

Why do you like thunderstorms?
Because it shows that
even nature needs to
scream sometimes.
– E.D.

However we feel about thunderstorms, I know that they’re a part of nature and necessary.

Much as the vibration and ear-quaking from it, as well as the static; may put me on edge and very anxious.. I have always found thunderstorms entirely relaxing and become oblivious to anything else occurring around me..

I -hate- (can I stress it more?) the feeling of having wet clothes glued to skin and would far rather be naked.. but always love being out in a thunderstorm, the bigger and darker, the louder and brighter; the better..

the never-ending tangled and flowing masses of layered cloud cover soaking down to earth like waves of mystic oceans reaching down from ephemeral plains, the crisp stark crashes of lightning as the energy blasts from earth to atmosphere leaving waves of energy in wake,

the destruction and creation, the definition of details shown more presently all around in the slight lack of the brightening sun, the peace and tranquility of the rhythmic pattering of droplets as they crash down, drowning out all other ambience as if life itself ceased outside of.. like being in a whole other world..

magical to me.. wife hates me for it.. as does her boy, a beautiful boxer/bulldog who is terrified of any basso noise like thunder, fireworks and gunshots.
I understand and feel for him and any who it disturbs.. but that is one of my heartfelt glories to behold.

New Threads

Top Bottom