• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thoughts on a (recently previous) relationship between a late diagnosis Autistic guy & a late diagnosis ADHD girl

I finally said make some type of offer, say we live together one week out of every month? We are both unconventional which is an understatement, and we both like each other's quirks, it creates the passion, like those batteries that stick together. We maybe a unfinished chapter in this book we started together, or we may write another chapter, or the book will stay open on the introduction page forever.

I finally said make some type of offer, say we live together one week out of every month? We are both unconventional which is an understatement, and we both like each other's quirks, it creates the passion, like those batteries that stick together. We maybe a unfinished chapter in this book we started together, or we may write another chapter, or the book will stay open on the introduction page forever.
Oh, I get your thinking - nothing wrong with trying new things & being eachothers type of "normal".

As you said, there could still be more to come.

Mine is sadly quite final - I am fine with that as I don't think getting back together would really help or "magically" fix any of the longer running issues.

Sorry to hear this. Sometimes the timing is wrong, everyone can have the right intentions, yet the relationship can never really take off due to external complications, economics, distance, illiness, existing situations. The list goes on and on. Sometimes it's remarkable we even hook up with someone we really like. I wish you success as you move on.

Sorry to hear this. Sometimes the timing is wrong, everyone can have the right intentions, yet the relationship can never really take off due to external complications, economics, distance, illiness, existing situations. The list goes on and on. Sometimes it's remarkable we even hook up with someone we really like. I wish you success as you move on.
Thanks & that is very true - it can be so many factors (in or outside of our control) but we just have to keep moving on + work through things.

Hopefully your previous relationship rekindles!

I have no idea what will happen. I am moving back with a prior person in my life, because as l age, l am frightened to be alone due to the amount of predators that prey on older people in this state. I slated to be living with them Dec or Jan.

I have no idea what will happen. I am moving back with a prior person in my life, because as l age, l am frightened to be alone due to the amount of predators that prey on older people in this state. I slated to be living with them Dec or Jan.
Oh, okay - I get that & hope it goes well.

If I can ask (understand if you are not comfortable answering) - how old are you?

I am only 29 (turning 30 in December) & my relationship was from when I was 20 until 28.

I am older then you. Lol.
But you have plenty of time to meet others. Think l can say go with who you want to be with. Then if it ends, at least you enjoyed what you had. If you can look back and say you would do it all over again even if you knew the outcome, then it was worth it.

I am older then you. Lol.
But you have plenty of time to meet others. Think l can say go with who you want to be with. Then if it ends, at least you enjoyed what you had. If you can look back and say you would do it all over again even if you knew the outcome, then it was worth it.
Fair enough :p

Thanks for the advice & will do so (when I have figured out + unpacked a bunch of stuff).

Besides possibly triggering each other, maybe one person was taking on too many of the responsibilities of living together and financial expenses. Make sure you're independent enough to handle living on your own and not a burden to your partner as much as possible. This can also help a lot.

New Threads

Top Bottom