• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Those unexpected moments...

Did you ever lick a 9v battery when you grew up?
Clears the mind :)

There's a balloon inside my head containing all my struggles.
Sometimes when a new struggle enters my life it finds the balloon and bursts it.
So all of the struggles are released again.
The challenge is to find your calm.
When you're below par you can end up trying to deal with all your struggles at once.

Struggles are like putting your pants on. You're allowed to do it one leg at a time.

Next. Boundaries. What's yours and what isn't.

People say things about you,you take it to heart.
One I like : what people say about you is none of your business :)

Sometimes when I've been called something and feel it strongly, I ask a question :
Am I being manipulated?

Likely yes. A weaker person is using insult to transfer negative feelings to you.
Boundaries. They don't belong to you.

Challenge: fire the guy.
How he chooses to live and behave is not your business. He is responsible. Any feelings that arise from his words do not belong to you.
Your challenge is to create a more productive workplace for everyone else. For the guy you fire - his challenge may be to learn a lesson.

So one leg and one struggle at a time, put your pants on.

I think you are a Guru in hiding... : )

I used to always be confounded and often deeply hurt by the way people reacted to things I may have said or done, when I only had good intentions. I would agonise over it, going over and over how I would have reacted in their shoes and completely failing to understand. That was when I thought my brain worked the same as other people's.

WOW! Why cant I see that, or get it... I know it... it has proven itself a 1000 times now...
Maybe I just want so bad to be understood, because I'm always mis-understood and it just gets so messed up, and I never even mean for it too... So then yes, I beat the crap out myself mentally.

But your right, I just have to set it down and walk off sometimes I guess, and just let it be.

I'm going to confess something real quick... I think in pictures always (no big deal) but I see this giant baseball score board in my head... Please don't laugh (I love Baseball)...

But that score board has Chance and The World... So its my life, my World Series, so to speak.
Every time I fail the score goes up on the other side, but every time the world takes a swing at me and misses, I get a point also (so its scores very different than real baseball).

I don't worry about Home Runs, or knocking every one out of the park... thats unrealistic and impossible.
I sometimes have to play small ball, bunt, fake, anything to get myself around the plates of life...

I dont want to strike out, I don't want a free ride, I want to earn my place in LIFE.

I want to look back someday and not be sick to my stomach at what I might be when that time comes.
I want some reason to leave this life with a smile, even if I lose the "game" of LIFE.
I never see it as a game (even though I use my baseball analogy).
I see LIFE as a very rare opportunity that we should be so deeply thankful for, that we have not the time to hurt others... I'm just too naive, or immature, mostly I think.

So just like baseball, I have to learn how to manufacture lots of runs...
I know that cosistantly just getting a hit 3 times out of 10, gets real players in the Hall of Fame.
My hall of fame isn't of this LIFE... I look at it way different.

Its just simply a way for me to find logic in what goes on around me day in and day out...
and thats just what you all are teaching me everyday.

To make sense of this life and how I fit in, and how I lived it... Thats my Hall of Fame. Its not about being better than anyone. Its about me learning to be the best version of me, with the time I have been given.
Its the only way I understand how to honor this time and space that we call LIFE.

Do you realize my counselor doesn't come up with half the stuff you all have said???
Its pretty sad really, but also pretty funny when you really think on it... : )

Thank you and I thank all of you...

Good grief.... you go back and look at what people wrote... And ASD people are so messed up?
I dont think so... And I never have.

I might be around the most intelligent people I have ever had the honor of knowing and most all of are mostly just misunderstood for that in some different way or another...

I so agree with what Chance just wrote. I'm an NT and I prefer the company here as opposed to my usual NT contacts because you are all so insightful, intelligent and empathic (yes empathic), and helpful. I feel so fortunate to be able to be on this website.

WOW! Why cant I see that, or get it... I know it... it has proven itself a 1000 times now...
Maybe I just want so bad to be understood, because I'm always mis-understood and it just gets so messed up, and I never even mean for it too... So then yes, I beat the crap out myself mentally.

But your right, I just have to set it down and walk off sometimes I guess, and just let it be.

I'm going to confess something real quick... I think in pictures always (no big deal) but I see this giant baseball score board in my head... Please don't laugh (I love Baseball)...

But that score board has Chance and The World... So its my life, my World Series, so to speak.
Every time I fail the score goes up on the other side, but every time the world takes a swing at me and misses, I get a point also (so its scores very different than real baseball).

I don't worry about Home Runs, or knocking every one out of the park... thats unrealistic and impossible.
I sometimes have to play small ball, bunt, fake, anything to get myself around the plates of life...

I dont want to strike out, I don't want a free ride, I want to earn my place in LIFE.

I want to look back someday and not be sick to my stomach at what I might be when that time comes.
I want some reason to leave this life with a smile, even if I lose the "game" of LIFE.
I never see it as a game (even though I use my baseball analogy).
I see LIFE as a very rare opportunity that we should be so deeply thankful for, that we have not the time to hurt others... I'm just too naive, or immature, mostly I think.

So just like baseball, I have to learn how to manufacture lots of runs...
I know that cosistantly just getting a hit 3 times out of 10, gets real players in the Hall of Fame.
My hall of fame isn't of this LIFE... I look at it way different.

Its just simply a way for me to find logic in what goes on around me day in and day out...
and thats just what you all are teaching me everyday.

To make sense of this life and how I fit in, and how I lived it... Thats my Hall of Fame. Its not about being better than anyone. Its about me learning to be the best version of me, with the time I have been given.
Its the only way I understand how to honor this time and space that we call LIFE.

Do you realize my counselor doesn't come up with half the stuff you all have said???
Its pretty sad really, but also pretty funny when you really think on it... : )

Thank you and I thank all of you...

Chance said:

"I see LIFE as a very rare opportunity that we should be so deeply thankful for, that we have not the time to hurt others... I'm just too naive, or immature, mostly I think."
This is neither naive nor immature, just totally admirable Chance.

New Threads

Top Bottom