• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thorium molten salt reactors

Found out the thorium can be used as a fuel in the current CANDU reactors. Without modification much cheaper
trials within the next year. with the need for electricity growing rapidly and global warming being taken more seriously a convergence and Confluence will happen mot rapidly than any of us could anticipate.

Last edited:
Seeing more and more companies putting together modular nuclear reactor proposals some that can run on thorium. Last time I saw this was in the 1970's with snowmobiles anybody who could manufacture one did.
Looks like a repeat of that. No one cares about the green stuff follow the money to see what is really happening, not the protests. We are about to see a Paradyme shift when it comes to energy production, and it will happen quickly
quicker than the computer revolution. which I watched from the beginning with my brother remember going to University of Waterloo in grade nine for tour my older brother graduated as an Engineer from here. I missed to revolution that time, this time I can see it as plain as day.

The more I look the more interesting things are getting The only current reactors that can use thorium without modification and can be done immediately is the existing Candu reactors. Either way molten salt is the way to go.

The more I look the less interest their seems to be with the molten salt even got my son to talk with a friend of his that is a nuclear engineer same story too costly material are the main issue molten salt is very aggressive. However, did notice the renewed interest in the CANDU, burns thorium plutonium, natural uranium, cheap proven technology.
Even Americans talking notice illegal for them to use as it is technically a breeder.

One quarter of the world's population needs energy, but they have low uranium reserves but have high thorium reserves. A reactor developed in Canada in the 1960's can run on thorium combined with uranium. both countries warned to purchase the Candu reactors Us being boy scouts sold a few to India and non to China and then refused to sell more to India as they could use the technology to produce plutonium. India took the plans copied them and build more. Nobody wanted to buy any more from us so we sold the plans cheap. The company that bought the plans wants to be suppliers of fuel to the reactors. Is this a chance to get in the ground floor? We have the world's largest uranium reserves.

New Threads

Top Bottom