• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thinking of giving up nicotine.

I gave up in 2003 when I got 2 kittens. I was only smoking 4 or 5 a day at most. But I did drink more wine after that. More recently I drink hardly any wine or alcohol. Priorities change. But I do tend to snack too much. :rolleyes: Been getting a better grip on that, plus recent big pelvic surgery will have lost me a few pounds...:eek: Last week. And I'm home! :cool:

My therapist is discouraging me from going on that route right now, as she is concerned I may be trying to bite off more than I can chew and make too many life changes at the same time.

Still, cigars are an expensive habit. Not as expensive as the alcohol addiction was, but pretty close. Plus there are health benefits to cutting out the smoking that I want for myself.

But I recently gave up alcohol and I recently had to reshape my diet due to a gout diagnosis. I also am making an effort to hit the gym a few times a week. And I am curbing my addictive shopping habits.

Why do all vices have to have downsides? Why can’t cigars not cause oral cancer? Why can’t raw broccoli taste as appealing to me as chips and queso? Why can’t I lose weight by playing video games (technically, I can since I own a DDR mat, but that’s beside the point)?

I want the patience to effectively change my life, and I want that patience RIGHT NOW!
I actually like raw broccoli, on vegie trays at a party, my first preference.

Why is it I can smoke and not become addicted? I'm prone to addiction in many other areas but not smoking. :eek:

I am going to start by cutting myself down to a single cigar a day. I can’t do the cold turkey complete cutoff right now.

It`s nice to save all that money too, it get`s expensive over time. You had pelvic surgery last week? That`s rough, I hope you feel better soon. :)

Yes big op at rather short notice. They found something they didn't like the look of. But suffice it to say it's not there now! Found hospital a stressful experience but hey now I'm out. Love being able to open the windows and create the environment I need, there was a lot of noise bustle light and talk there. And I ve been lucky enough not to go before except once for a night. All over now bar the possible follow up treatment. Definitely not addicted to hospital!

If you are quiting nicotine I highly recommend vaping as you can wean yourself off the nicotine over time. You can even get vape juice without nicotine if you want. Some shops mix their own and will make a custom mix for you so you can get a grotty cigar taste without nic if you want.

If you are quiting nicotine I highly recommend vaping as you can wean yourself off the nicotine over time. You can even get vape juice without nicotine if you want. Some shops mix their own and will make a custom mix for you so you can get a grotty cigar taste without nic if you want.
Vaping scares me more than the cigars do, actually.

Vaping scares me more than the cigars do, actually.
I am sorry about that. Big tobacco has done a great job of scaring a lot of folk.
It's great if you go along without a replacement. Somehow I haven't been able to, so far. Never say never though. I smoked for nearly 40 years but 5 of those years were ciggy free so I know it's possible.
Certainly possible for you!

New Threads

Top Bottom