• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things You Find Relaxing But Others Find Weird

I turn the TV on the main floor off.

I cannot describe how much I hate that stupid screaming slab, and it's very, very rare that I get a chance to shut it up. The relaxation factor of the whole house multiplies when that accursed thing is off. Now, I'd rather run it over with the car, but I have to settle for just using the remotes that I definitely have never thrown at the floor.

Beyond that, there aint much that I find relaxing at all. 99% of things just make me anxious. The one big exception though is driving. If I'm getting stressed and really need to cool down ASAP (or if I want more distance from that godforsaken slab), I get in the car. This means I do a lot of driving. Like, a LOT of driving.

Well, going for a walk can also work, when the weather and ground contitions permit it (AKA, it isnt cold, AND hasnt rained in the last 2 days). That's not doable often enough to really count for much.

Rocking back and forth.
When I'm in pain I rock back and forth. I think it might make me feel slightly disoriented and gives me a sensation that distracts from the pain. It probably helps most with migraine and restless legs, particularly if I have both at the same time.

New Threads

Top Bottom