• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things the average tree witnesses

Tens of thousands of posts, trolls she has to ban and a whole lot of random generators.

(hey someone had to eventually)

Our ash tree got a disease and died while I was away. It wasn't that old, only 70-something rings, which means they probably planted it when they built the house. Didn't make me as sad as it would've a couple years ago so I guess I've hardened a bit. The house doesn't get as much shade now though and it's a hot, hot summer.
Emerald Ash borers have been decimating trees. I haven't seen the price for ash boards in a while. I use ash for canoe gunwales. It is hard, springy and an excellent wood for that purpose, but brittle to work at times.

View attachment 82669

I used to hike up to this grove of Bristlecone pines in Nevada. These trees live only at high altitudes and are in the 3-4000 yr old range. I used to just sit and think about what they were alive during, such as the Trojan War etc. But they haven't seen those things. Just the natural flow of the seasons and animals up and down. Me included. Not 'average' trees, but pretty remarkable. The oldest located elsewhere is about 5000 years old.
That's quite remarkable!

I have read that some scientists claim spruce trees communicate through roots. They have root systems that grows into each other and if you chop down one tree, it affects the trees around them. This can be a worrying thought for people like me who have used lots of trees to build cabins and stuff. :eek: I know one thing for sure, when you are in a forest surrounded by trees, something is going on that we can't see. Trees are special.
I agree!

Ugh.. the constant writhings and and explorations from insects, the gentle chaotic rhythm and noise of their movements throughout the bark..
the vibration of worms digesting and traversing through the shallows of the roots behind and below.. the buzz of bee’s collecting pollen, gentle wafting breezes upon twig and leaf uniformly as wisps and birds alike flutter through the passages overhead.
The warmth and nuisance of harbouring nests both within the outreach of branches as well as deep within, the menace of squirrels and birds equally staining the depths with life while also going forth and exuding new life from and into the world beyond.
The erection and collapse of various buildings nearby, the ever-droning noise as cities develop across seasons and migrations..
A person who realized an allergy, a love grown in parallel over time, a bad choice after too much fun with friends.. a painter infatuated with the timely colour of leaves, a carpenter admiring the burls from a storm that passed years ago, a farmer evaluating how the season has affected crop, various animals entangled in needs, instincts or simply residing, and even simply enjoying the locale or nearby food availability’s.
A cocoon patiently waiting for the right moment, butterflies looking for food and safe haven, a hawk simply looking for a place to rest as it surveys the horizon.. and person sitting and watching the passing channeled winds pressing into intertwining branches, the breeze caressing every leaf like waves and currents cascading the oceans depths in chaotically orchestrated symmetry, the man seemingly swayed by the enactment always quoting the likes of fireworks or aquatica..
I enjoyed that

On some remote mountainsides, there are trees that live a thousand years and never see a single human.

So whenever you are out in nature, do your best to leave no trace that you were ever there.

Today I stood by a tree in silence and communed with him/her - silence is a wonderful language - almost ubiquitous. Being is another form of communication

Being measured.
BigTree.jpeg

A tree that watches folks enjoy ice cream and burgers from the drive-in.

1667664294460.jpeg

A tree witnesses the end of a season and holds on to two desperate apples, unwilling to fall.

1667664364293.jpeg

People yelling in pain when they drop nuts in autumn.
I was on a walk in a forest with a new friend. An acorn came flying from a tree and bounced with great speed from the ground up toward my eye. Somethings from within sparked in my hand. I reached up and grabbed the acorn right out of the air, and I caught it just before it plunged into my eye. It was a great victory against Mother Nature herself, even though we are great friends. As you can imagine, I will be keeping that acorn.

1667664633064.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom