• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"The World's Greatest Light Bulb"

IContainMultitudes

V.I.P Member
I really hope this type of lightbulb catches on. It really sounds like "the best of both worlds": more energy-efficient than incandescent bulbs and more aspie-friendly than fluorescent bulbs, which I can tolerate in small doses, but I always hated having to spend all day under fluorescent lights at school (I think that was one of the main sensory things about school that bothered me).

Switch Lighting: Dump your fluorescents and incandescents for this amazing new LED bulb. - By Farhad Manjoo - Slate Magazine

I thought this part of the story was kind of interesting; I had never heard this before:

The 60- and 75-watt-alternative bulbs are also available in neutral white, which Sharenow says is a popular color in many different places around the world?people in Japan, India, and other Asian countries can't stand the yellow light we find comforting, Sharenow says.

Last edited:
more aspie-friendly than fluorescent bulbs, which I can tolerate in small doses, but I always hated having to spend all day under fluorescent lights at school (I think that was one of the main sensory things about school that bothered me).

Man, I have the exact same issue. It used to be really tiring working under fluorescent white lights. I'm happy with my own setting now. I hadn't seen anyone here with this kind of problem here until now.

Man, I have the exact same issue. It used to be really tiring working under fluorescent white lights. I'm happy with my own setting now. I hadn't seen anyone here with this kind of problem here until now.

At the time, I don't think I really understood what was bothering me so much, I just knew that something about the general environment of school was bugging the hell out of me. I even complained about it to a psychologist I was seeing for a little while years ago without really having the vocabulary to describe what was bothering me. That was one of the things that made more sense once I got my AS diagnosis years later and learned about the sensory problems that typically come with that.

We are almost totally converted to LED at home now. Only bulbs left to do are two strip lights

New Threads

Top Bottom