• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The "What did you break today?" thread

Destination Unknown

Don't know where I'm goin but know where I've been
V.I.P Member
A couple of us at work are the type of people that do pretty much everything for ourselves. When things wear out or break we fix it ourselves.
Every morning our greeting is "So what did you break?", and we try to outdo each other with stories of who had the most expensive repairs, or the biggest problems to deal with the night before.

Examples would be something that got broken through overuse, or abuse; any house related problem that just randomly occured; car or any type vehicle mechanical problems; other peoples broken stuff that you had to deal with; anything at all that broke for no apparent reason, things that get broken worse when you're trying to fix them; fire; animal damage, weather damage, etc...

So what broke for me today?
I had a couple of old very heavy wooden speakers hanging in the corners of my garage. Apparently the garage roof leaks, and water dripped on the top of the speakers and rotted out the wood that held the chain that held the speakers up. The speakers dropped from the ceiling, and one bounced and put a huge dent in the fender of my old car I keep protected in the garage, a 50 year old car that I used to drive in high school. As if I didn't have enough things to fix already without that happening :(

Things tend to break for everyone, so, what did you break today?

Last edited:
Things are breaking in my house all the time, and since I have little money to live on, I have no option but to try to fix them myself. It's annoying that they break, but I do enjoy fixing things; it gives me enormous satisfaction when I manage to resurrect them and get them working again.

A couple of days ago, my trusty 15 year old microwave oven broke, and since I'm not an electrician, I gave it to someone else to fix.

My microwave, my phone, my laptop, fixed the phone, fixed the laptop, the car, the laptop, my glasses, fixed the car, fixed the laptop, superglued the glasses, the car, new glasses, the laptop..

Please let the car be fixed today so I can get home..

That's this week and it's only wednesday :eek:

Neighbors oak tree fell over and took out the neighborhood electric. Electric company was working on it, but a big storm started so they left. Sitting here in the dark now. Got out some of the old kerosene lamps I used to collect.

Today, two old vintage painted glasses that I love, cracked and had to be thrown out, underneath something heavy. I'll find others in the future. They looked similar to these:

il_170x135.737950769_t39k.jpg

Last edited:
Our granddaughter flushed my wife's blood sugar checker down the toilet and it got stuck inside, causing the toilet to overflow. Because of a counter over the tank, I had to take the tank off before I could remove the main body of the toilet. I tried to set the tank in the bathtub, slipped and dropped the tank. It broke into many pieces. So I went to Home Depot and got another toilet. After pulling the main body of the old toilet, I installed the new toilet and hooked everything up. Now the front bathroom has a working toilet again and I feel very stupid for breaking the tank. I tried to get the checker out of the old toilet and could not get it out, so I would have had to buy a new toilet anyway. But it was still stupid of me to drop the tank and break it.

Our granddaughter flushed my wife's blood sugar checker down the toilet and it got stuck inside, causing the toilet to overflow. Because of a counter over the tank, I had to take the tank off before I could remove the main body of the toilet. I tried to set the tank in the bathtub, slipped and dropped the tank. It broke into many pieces. So I went to Home Depot and got another toilet. After pulling the main body of the old toilet, I installed the new toilet and hooked everything up. Now the front bathroom has a working toilet again and I feel very stupid for breaking the tank. I tried to get the checker out of the old toilet and could not get it out, so I would have had to buy a new toilet anyway. But it was still stupid of me to drop the tank and break it.

There needs to be a "That Sucks!" rating button.

Seems to be getting harder to buy just a toilet tank by itself. Now a lot of them are kits with a junk lid all in one box that are almost too heavy to lift.

My alarm clock's power cord broke today. I just bought the clock four days ago and still have the receipt so hopefully I'll be able to exchange it without a problem.
Seems I'm just not meant to have a clock though.

My alarm clock broke, one of my electronics broke, and my car isn't working right. I think this is so overwhelming.

I dropped a weighing scale, but it didn't break. Broke the handle of off a coffee cup though. It made my coworker laugh a lot.

New Threads

Top Bottom