• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Tread Thread

When I was a teenager I had a mate that was a tire fitter, he'd give me tires for free sometimes, or if the boss was hanging around he'd fit brand new Bridgestones but charge me for retreads. :)

When I was a teenager I had a mate that was a tire fitter, he'd give me tires for free sometimes, or if the boss was hanging around he'd fit brand new Bridgestones but charge me for retreads. :)
A not commonly known thing about tyres is that they are designed to take about 3 retreads! Unfortunately because most people don't know about it, including the fitters, tyres get chucked before they've been through a 3rd of their potential life span.

I'm quite tempted to buy the chisels to do a retread and try it myself!

It would certainly help a good set of Continentals last a bit longer.

I tend to get budget tyres but one place did give me a set (pretty sure they were Continental) for cost as the customer had given the wrong details so they were stuck with a relatively rare set of tyres that were perfect for my car. I had to pay the fitting fee but it was still a super cheap deal. I have to say, my car stuck to the road like glue!

I still have two of them but they are worn pretty badly.

Check out the treads on this thing!

1670208806992.jpeg

Even little kids can appreciate the value of the tread. This little one really focused on this detail in the picture.

A place to celebrate treads, because they do have a mighty beauty to them.

Title credit goes to another member with mutual appreciation of treads.… but I’m guessing there are more of us who can see the loveliness of the tread. Let’s build the tread thread.

View attachment 90445

That is wonderful! This is one of the best pictures I have seen on aspie central, sucha big smile on my face when I saw it. Wonderful, thank you

That is wonderful! This is one of the best pictures I have seen on aspie central, sucha big smile on my face when I saw it. Wonderful, thank you
We are building the tread thread, and it has become a fascinating place.

I’m amazed at how many beautiful images showed up on here. I am smiling too with each new post.

20150807_151615.jpg

20150807_151626.jpg

Standard Twin ^ I owned one of these for a while

20150807_163744.jpg

20150807_164328.jpg

Model A Ford doodlebug ^

New Threads

Top Bottom