• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The things I love about my Asperger's boyfriend

Wanderinginthewoods

"Always love who you are as a person."
I've known him since 2008 and I know that I can't change him. He is who he is and he knows that I am who I am. We both accept each other and I respect his personal space and when he's stressed out. If I feel that he's stressed out, I tell him that I understand. He works very hard and goes to college. Once he comes home he plays video games or watches anime. He's very big on anime and electronics. If there's any type of problem I have with my computer, he reaches over and fixes the problems and offers solutions to me. If I don't have a right software on my computer, he'll give me suggestions on how I can make it work faster. This is something that I love about him. He's very funny, can be childish at times and loyal to his family and friends. If I'm sad or upset he knows right away because he pays attention to details. When he's overwhelmed I know I won't hear from him for a bit and at first I asked myself, if I could be okay with this since I knew about his disorder. I'm completely okay with this since I'm very much introverted and I like my space so I can clear my head and I tend to do lots of art and crafty things.

When I create something, I end up giving it to him and I can tell by his smile that he loves whatever I do. Overtime he noticed all of these things that I did for him and finally told me that he wanted me to be his girlfriend. He may not say I love you a lot. Over the phone one night he said, "I don't like saying it a lot because I think action speaks louder than words but I know you love me by the things you do and the things you draw for me. I'm not artistic but you know that I do love you." I remember all of this because I have a very good memory since I'm a bit logical myself and I concentrate whenever I do art. It takes my full concentrate and I always see him watching me and smiling at me. He's a very good person, even though he thinks he's a bad person due to his disorder. Every once in awhile he does need reassurance because I think deep down he may think he doesn't do enough for me or that I'll be happier with someone else which isn't true.

He introduced me to anime and now I play video games with him anytime I go over his house. I'm into Dragonball now because of him and I teared up after I watched Samurai Champloo with him because I enjoyed watching it with him. Yes I'm emotional but I know if I ever ask him a question, he gives it to me straight and again he hugs me when I'm sad but I always tell him that I'm okay and he tells me always, "If your ever sad, please tell me. Don't lie to me ever. I care a lot about you." I truly do love him and he makes me happy because he's a good person even though he thinks otherwise. Many people don't understand him or judge him but I pay no attention to them because they just don't understand. I hate people who judge others. I think it's wrong but I know I can't control people.

Just wanted to share my thoughts because I'm an honest person too and I care about people. Even more, I care about him and all I want is the best for him. If he tells me I'm grumpy today, I need space, I understand completely. Patience and being understanding is very important. :hearteyes:

It is heart warming to see there there are accepting lady "diamonds among the NT stones" out there. I would say it's quite rare that a relationship related post would make me smile, but this one did. It might give some hope to some aspie male members of this forum.

Thank you. I'm glad you appreciate this thread. Writing is something I enjoy doing and I normally express myself better when I'm writing than speaking out loud because I'm very shy and quiet. Believe this is a trait that he likes about me because I listen to him whenever he's speaking and I don't interrupt him.

Sometimes he'll ask me, "What do you want to do?" I suggested a movie and he kinda was hesitate for a minute, so I suggested that we continue gaming instead and we can watch the movie when he's up to it. So I try to compromise with him and ask him direct questions and give him direct answers. It took me a bit to understand but I asked him a lot of questions and now when he's playing video games I don't get bothered by it or think he's ignoring me on purpose. Just end up getting out my art supplies and watch him at the same time as he's gaming. Plus the music to video games sometimes helps me draw and get idea's. So it works out! :)

If I ever get depressed or sad, I kinda handle things on my own. He does listen when to me when something tragic happens. If I'm just having a bad day, he just tells me to play games or distract myself which is a pretty good idea. My depression isn't as bad anymore thankfully. :)

I still continue to talk to him and ask him questions and he told he the other day that most people don't even ask him questions and he can tell I have a good heart. It's horrible how people judge, it truly is. They simply don't understand or took the time to read about the information.

New Threads

Top Bottom