• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Sentence No One Should Ever Say

Screenshot_20220810-222424_Tumblr.jpg

Hello @Matthias

I have observed how do you enter to discuss a lot with scientific people of the forum. Here you are discussing with @Gerald Wilgus but in others threads I see you discussing with @Darkkin or with @Neonatal RRT

You discuss like a pro, its really interesting.

I do really think that its almost imposible to be an ignorant on so many fields and at the same time love to discuse with scientifics with such passion.

Are you doing it on purpose? Are you trolling this and other threads on purpose? Provoking others to endless discussions?

Maybe it makes you feel better about something? Im just curious.

:)

@Atrapa Almas
I think I discuss scientific topics like a pro because I'm a very scientific person who loves science. I like to help others and really enjoy learning and educating people about science.

“It’s your fault that you’re being bullied. Maybe it wouldn’t happen if you didn’t act so differently from everyone else.” Those were the exact words I kept hearing
I'm sorry. Almost the same exact words were said to me as a child.
No one ever deserves to be bullied. It's not your fault.

“It’s your fault that you’re being bullied. Maybe it wouldn’t happen if you didn’t act so differently from everyone else.” Those were the exact words I kept hearing
I’m sorry that was said to you. School was horrendous for me too. I was often bullied, and ended up having to drop out and be homeschooled for a time up until university because it was continuously verbal, physical, mental harassment on a daily basis to the extent that I had a breakdown, self harmed and tried to kill my self. Worse thing was that the school didn’t care. They said I wasn’t “ streetwise enough” yet failed to address the actions of the particular students and member of their support staff.

Going through that It’s why I was very quick to flag anything up that harmed the students I taught and I would always try to speak to them to see if something could be workable or give those a warning that I didn’t tolerate that type of behavior.

Your parents should have helped you understand why you were being bullied and what you could have done differently to avoid being bullied. CBT helps people who were neglected learn what their parents should have taught them. Many times what people think is bullying is nothing more than harmless teasing that people can easily deal with by changing how they think.
You still haven’t learned that your words can affect others, have you? Kids can be really cruel to each other. I know this because I’ve worked with them on and off for a few years now.

Even if you think someone deserves it, they really have no excuse for behaving in a way to harm someone else. A few months ago, I lost a student who I briefly taught as a student teacher who killed her self because she was bullied. Her parents did all they could to try to help her. Turns out that despite thinking to turn off the internet, that there’s always a way for someone to get at you like that. It wasn’t harmless teasing, it was continuous harassment from the majority of the class encouraged by the popular crowd who suddenly decided that she was a target. And there wasn’t anything wrong with the girl who ended her life. She was a good kid, who worked hard, had a good circle of friends and had parents who loved her. One of her parents was a teacher. There wasn’t anything she could have done to avoid this. Yes, she should have gotten more support and those silly girls should have been expelled but how dare you suggest that those who are bullied deserve it. You are a troll Who has no idea how damaging it can be.

And some people are unworthy, people who abuse others, start wars for ego, corrupt, thief, kill others, bully, gaslight, ... I dont care much if they know much or not. The world would be better without them.
In my life I have only had contact with one truly dispicable creature. Just thinking of him gives me the willies. There were a lot of garden variety creeps, jerks, and sad sacks for me to observe and it made me double down on being better and liking myself and stop being shy, if only to show women that there are good men out there.

I'm sorry. Almost the same exact words were said to me as a child.
No one ever deserves to be bullied. It's not your fault.
I hate victim blaming. It is as if they are merely piling on to avoid being a victim themselves. That, or being in such a bubble of privelege that they feel they do not need to be cogniscent of, or care for the experiences of, others.

Iwas never bullied, but I was made to feel ashamed of myself, of my social failings, at a pretty critical time in my emotional development. This had a profound impact on my self concept.

I hate victim blaming. It is as if they are merely piling on to avoid being a victim themselves. That, or being in such a bubble of privelege that they feel they do not need to be cogniscent of, or care for the experiences of, others.
very true. I have been the recipient and witness to this. It’s like a mob mentality to gang up on someone to avoid being a target themselves and they don’t care about how it impacts the person in the center of focus. As a recipient, no one did anything for me. My psychiatrist believes that it is an underlying cause, like PTSD to many roots of my problems today. As a witness, it doesn’t last long because I would often prevent it from happening. Even if I was the bad guy, I’d rather have a few miserable little kids hate me than have another kid kill themselves or have a lot of impactful emotions to work out later on.

I'm somehow having a completely different perception of Matthias' behavior. It seems like responses to him are non-sequitur and make faulty inferences.

I'm somehow having a completely different perception of Matthias' behavior. It seems like responses to him are non-sequitur and make faulty inferences.

I hope you are right on this @Fino

I can see it from both perspectives, but which each thread that gets the same pattern I doub it more and more.

New Threads

Top Bottom