• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Sentence No One Should Ever Say

What you say sounds like a Gish Gallop, piling on truthy sounding statements that take a lot to refute, but are wrong. Yes, there has been climate fluctuations for thousands of years, yet human civilization has developed in a period of basic climate stability. You look further, and wherever you see extinction level events, they are associated with flood basalts, the Siberian traps, the Central Atlantic Magmatic Province, the Deccan Traps. All of these are associated with the rapid introduction of CO2 into the atmosphere, as we are doing. We are already seeing positive reinforcing that has led to climatic effects that are occuring much faster than models predict, and those models that you say is propaganda are far more conservative than the climate forcing weather extremes we are currently experiencing. Infrastructure is not built to be hardened against wide extremes that a warming earth will create. In my lifetime I nearly saw the loss of the Old River Control Structure which will severely impact NOLA. The weather events from an atmosphere that carries more moisture, if impacting the Mississippi River basin, as it has impacted other areas, that I expect in the future, will breach the ORCS and the river WILL change its course to the Achalafaya basin. Food production is already being severely stressed by changes to precipitation, snowpack and warming in agricultural areas. Winter wheat production is already under stress. The National Center for Biotechnology Information already has shown reduced production of wheat due to climate produced yield decline rather than crop abandonment.

I fear you have been influenced by denialist propaganda rather than a realistic examination of all the data and like many deniers offer a simplistic dichotomy of doing nothing because we will adapt, which we have already failed to do. I have seen creationists do that by offering a niggling contrarian element thinking that the whole edifice of natural law by experts can be swept away. If the average global temperature exceeds 2.0 C, we will truly be in civilization-killing territory.

Like many conservatives I know, I'm a strong believer in science and the scientific method. I reject some studies supporting climate alarmism because of strong evidence the conclusions are the result of fraud (conflicts of interest) or incompetence (poor logic/irrational thinking).

It's hard to trust a scientific community that is unable to answer simple questions correctly that any scientist should know such as "What is a woman?" or "Can men get pregnant?"

It's also hard to trust the mainstream media's reporting of scientific evidence when they claim homosexuality is a genetic orientation when multiple twin studies have thoroughly disproved a genetic cause of same-sex attraction (when one identical twin identifies as "gay" the other twin raised by a different family is usually "straight").

If studies by expert mathematicians concluded that 2+2=5 and the mainstream media and their favored politicians said it was true, I have no doubt that climate change followers who boast of being enlightened, educated, and superior to others would start accusing us "backwards" conservatives of being anti-math for believing 2+2=4.

In conclusion, I fear you have been influenced by alarmist propaganda rather than a realistic examination of all the data and like many followers offer a simplistic dichotomy of blind faith in corrupt leaders who lack integrity because you fear inaction due to the propaganda you were led to believe. If tomorrow is 2.0 C warmer than today, I'm confident civilization won't end because of it.

Last edited:
Like many conservatives I know, I'm a strong believer in science and the scientific method.
Why is that the first thing that science deniers aleays say. Please tell me your scientific credentials and your publications in peer reviewed journals that demonstrate your capacity to collect and analyze data. As a conservative I presume you know about the neurological defects in the Amygdala and prefrontal cortex associated with conservative ideation, so your anti-science basis is understandable. I have offered factual information, and you, nothing. You have nothing but grousing. Even your example of twin studies, meant to discredit ? demonstrate your ignorance of genotype and phenotype, nevermind that you cannot provide a citation in a peer reviewed publication that supports your claim.

You, sir, are not a scientist, you have not worked in the sciences, and you do not know how the work of science is done. Anything you say about climatology and its impact must be treated as fraudulent horsecrap.

Last edited:
Why is that the first thing that science deniers aleays say.

I bet you would have said the same thing to independent thinkers who rejected Big Tobacco studies promoted by doctors and the media that concluded that cigarettes were harmless. After independent researchers found a link between cigarettes and lung cancer, Big Tobacco conducted hundreds of bogus studies to refute their claims. Doctors quoted those studies on TV and used them to convince the public that cigarettes were safe and wouldn't harm their health. It took decades to refute the fraudulent studies promoted by doctors and the mainstream media because of followers who blindly trusted whatever the so-called experts told them to believe.

History keeps repeating itself because people refuse to learn from it.

Please tell me your scientific credentials and your publications in peer reviewed journals that demonstrate your capacity to collect and analyze data. As a conservative I presume you know about the neurological defects in the Amygdala and prefrontal cortex associated with conservative ideation, so your anti-science basis is understandable. I have offered factual information, and you, nothing. You have nothing but grousing. Even your example of twin studies, meant to discredit ? demonstrate your ignorance of genotype and phenotype, nevermind that you cannot provide a citation in a peer reviewed publication that supports your claim.

You,sir are not a scientist, you have not worked in the sciences, and you do not know how the work of science is done. Anything you say about climatology and its impact must be treated as fraudulent horsecrap.

Unlike my better superiors, I don't claim to be a scientist or an expert on the climate. I don't preach about climatology. I simply acknowledge that there are known conflicts of interest, dishonesty, and poor logic when it comes to politically motivated studies that warrants healthy skepticism.

Calling people who accept science and the results of most scientific studies "science deniers" because they are skeptical of the claims of a fraction of scientific studies that are politically motivated and funded by sources with clear conflicts of interest is very dishonest and demonstrates a clear lack of integrity.

When NTs say, 'You don't know anything', they are being ableist and ignorant towards us. Saying 'You don't look autistic' is also ableist as there is no 'look' to autism. It is an insult to say to us that ‘You don’t look autistic’, or ‘You’re autistic? But you’re so high functioning’. The autistic spectrum is so wide, and it looks like a circle as it shows the abilities that each individual on the spectrum possesses. Despite the name or label, I believe that autism is not a disability; it is a different ability. Autistic people can do the same things as NTs, if not better. This shows that just because we are autistic, it does not make us any less intelligent.

“It’s your fault that you’re being bullied. Maybe it wouldn’t happen if you didn’t act so differently from everyone else.” Those were the exact words I kept hearing

Why should the majority of people, who aren't bothered by the statements you mentioned, have to learn to use politically correct language because a small minority of people interpret everything more negatively than intended and misinterpret clear speech that everyone else understands because of it?

because they are bothered, just because they pretend to act like they aren’t doesn’t mean in fact they aren’t

“Shut up. No one cares.” That’s all I ever heard if I tried to say anything in high school which made me eventually just stop talking to my classmates unless it was necessary and even then I never voiced my own opinions or ideas because I didn’t think anyone would ever want to hear what I had to say. And the school wondered why I refused to try to make friends and socialize with my peers.

Excellent advice that science has confirmed to be true. Scientific studies show that when bullied kids are introduced to new peer groups, they are usually bullied by them as well. When popular kids are introduced to new peer groups, they are usually popular among them as well.

People are bullied because there is something wrong with them. People who don't want to be bullied just need to become a better person. Those who change and become better people are no longer bullied while those who stubbornly refuse to change because they adopt a victim mentality of blaming other people for their problems or arrogantly think they're better than everyone else will continue to be bullied.

I recommend CBT to anyone who is bullied to learn how to become a better person who thinks rationally and behaves appropriately.
Even when I tried to fit in, I still got bullied anyway and then it was my fault for trying to be someone that I wasn’t and that I should just be myself.

Even when I tried to fit in, I still got bullied anyway and then it was my fault for trying to be someone that I wasn’t and that I should just be myself.

Your parents should have helped you understand why you were being bullied and what you could have done differently to avoid being bullied. CBT helps people who were neglected learn what their parents should have taught them. Many times what people think is bullying is nothing more than harmless teasing that people can easily deal with by changing how they think.

Your parents should have helped you understand why you were being bullied and what you could have done differently to avoid being bullied. CBT helps people who were neglected learn what their parents should have taught them. Many times what people think is bullying is nothing more than harmless teasing that people can easily deal with by changing how they think.
My family didn’t understand. They believed the school and that awful psychologist when they said that it was my fault that this was happening to me. Right before he died the principal finally admitted to my dad that it really wasn’t my fault and that he should have tried to help me sooner.

My family didn’t understand. They believed the school and that awful psychologist when they said that it was my fault that this was happening to me. Right before he died the principal finally admitted to my dad that it really wasn’t my fault and that he should have tried to help me sooner.

I think many people, including psychologists, don't really understand much about psychology and social interactions. I hope this changes in the future so more people can get along, feel like they belong, and enjoy their lives.

I bet you would have said the same thing to independent thinkers who rejected Big Tobacco studies promoted by doctors and the media that concluded that cigarettes were harmless. After independent researchers found a link between cigarettes and lung cancer, Big Tobacco conducted hundreds of bogus studies to refute their claims. Doctors quoted those studies on TV and used them to convince the public that cigarettes were safe and wouldn't harm their health. It took decades to refute the fraudulent studies promoted by doctors and the mainstream media because of followers who blindly trusted whatever the so-called experts told them to believe.

History keeps repeating itself because people refuse to learn from it.

Unlike my better superiors, I don't claim to be a scientist or an expert on the climate. I don't preach about climatology. I simply acknowledge that there are known conflicts of interest, dishonesty, and poor logic when it comes to politically motivated studies that warrants healthy skepticism.

Calling people who accept science and the results of most scientific studies "science deniers" because they are skeptical of the claims of a fraction of scientific studies that are politically motivated and funded by sources with clear conflicts of interest is very dishonest and demonstrates a clear lack of integrity.
So, give me citations for your claims of dishonesty and poor logic by scientists working in the field and publishing in peer reviewed journals. Your tactic of claiming malfeasance by scientists to cast doubt on their work was used by the tobacco lobby and their paid lackeys that tried to use their credentials in totally inappropriate fields to discredit the pathologists working on pulmonary diseases caused by smoking. Try reading Merchants of Doubt by Oreskes and Conway and you will see yourself in the anti science tropes they discuss. If it quacks like a duck . . . . You have zero to offer in any discussion of climate.

So, give me citations for your claims of dishonesty and poor logic by scientists working in the field and publishing in peer reviewed journals. Your tactic of claiming malfeasance by scientists to cast doubt on their work was used by the tobacco lobby and their paid lackeys that tried to use their credentials in totally inappropriate fields to discredit the pathologists working on pulmonary diseases caused by smoking. Try reading Merchants of Doubt by Oreskes and Conway and you will see yourself in the anti science tropes they discuss. If it quacks like a duck . . . . You have zero to offer in any discussion of climate.

My time is valuable and I've found that most people of a certain political persuasion (one that is strongly anti-science) aren't interested in the truth. If you're interested, there are plenty of websites you can easily find with simple Internet searches that will confirm what I told you.

“He/ she knows nothing.”
Its dificult to be alive knowing nothing. Even the most stupid people know about something and even the most educated people do ignore about some other things.

What I do not believe is that everyone knowledge, intelligence, attitude or skills is worth the same. There are people who are better than other.

I have had the pleasure of knowing and working with some super gifted people who were more intelligent, more educated, more social, more fit than me. I got shocked, and thougth very clearly that if an accident were to happen and there was some justice in the world they should survive before me.

Humanism teach us that every human is worth the same, and religions also say that we are worth the same. But I dont think so. Some people do worth more than others. Some of them because their attitude, some others because of their ideas, sympathy, artistic skills, for taking care of others... there are thousands of ways to be worthy.

And some people are unworthy, people who abuse others, start wars for ego, corrupt, thief, kill others, bully, gaslight, ... I dont care much if they know much or not. The world would be better without them.

So yes, everybody knows something, but not everybody is worthy.

My time is valuable and I've found that most people of a certain political persuasion (one that is strongly anti-science) aren't interested in the truth. If you're interested, there are plenty of websites you can easily find with simple Internet searches that will confirm what I told you.
Ya' mean, like Q anon? It seems you are using another denialist trope, that of accusing scientists of what you are guilty of. Your misrepresentations demonstrate that you have no notion about how science works.

good for you but you aren’t the center of the world, no one is. Some people are in fact, bothered

The only people who are bothered by the statements you mentioned are people who are very sensitive. CBT can fix that if you want to get better.

New Threads

Top Bottom