• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The random facts thread

BUTTERFLIES CAN'T FLY IF THEY'RE COLD.
Butterflies need an ideal body temperature of about 85ºF to fly.

Since they're cold-blooded animals, they can't regulate their own body temperatures. The surrounding air temperature has a big impact on their ability to function. If the air temperature falls below 55ºF, butterflies are rendered immobile, unable to flee from predators or feed. When air temperatures range between 82º-100ºF, butterflies can fly with ease. Cooler days require a butterfly to warm up its flight muscles, either be shivering or basking in the sun. And even sun-loving butterflies can get overheated when temperatures soar above 100ºF, and may seek shade to cool down.

Bats are capable of living over 25 years. Bats kept as pets rarely survive more than one year.

The skin of polar bears is black and the individual fur strands are translucent. They just look white when you don't look too closely. (And really, who looks very closely at a polar bear?)

We Canadians use the poop emoji more than other countries? That's a bit... discomforting.:blush:
But even though it's smelly, nasty and disgusting, poop can be useful and it's a vital part of the Circle of Life. Now I have that song playing in my head...

Ladybugs normally leave the plants and trees they've been living at in the summer to seek a place to hibernate and "overwinter" in the fall. But if the fall weather becomes unusually warm, they become more active and head for buildings that have smooth, shiny surfaces. This would explain why I saw several of them crawling around on my bedroom window the other day. Sometimes I've found live ladybugs in my apartment even in the middle of winter!

Canada has more lakes than any other country. In fact it, has more lakes than all the lakes in the rest of the world put together!:D

If you lifted a kangaroo's tail off the ground, it wouldn't be able to hop.

Kangaroos use their muscular tails for balance whilst hopping, so if you elevate their tail, they'd have no balance and fall over.

Alaska is the only American state that can be typed out with only the Home Row being used when using a English QWERTY layout keyboard

During the very first first Live iPhone reveal back in '07, Steve Jobs had to secretly change Demo phones that were hidden in the podium cubby as they'd occasionally crash from using up too much RAM (Memory)

Here's a documentary about it all:

Last edited:
The guy who invented the electric chair was a dentist. He wanted to figure out a way to humanely kill people... and was like, hey how about we use a dentist chair too.

And they wonder why people are afraid of dentists... :oops:

Chipmunks are such cute little things. I saw one up really close while at the wildlife park the other week.
chipmunk GIF

Birds cannot eat bread, it can make them obese and unwell and if you should give them food, it should be seeds or some fruit/veg but in small quantities because they have their own food sources
Pacific Ocean is the biggest
The ocean is about 60% or more of the earth's oxygen
Dogs have a bad bacteria on their tongue and people have gotten really sick and died from from being licked
Anti bacterials and those sorts of things that are used to wipe things down can create superbugs because another fact some bacteria is good for you and it is not good to live in a disinfected world just basic cleanness.
Viral infections do not need antibodies because they get better on their own most of the time.
Antibodies use can make people resistent to them and very sick and are not good for the gut.
You can get covid through the eye membranes and it may be more rare but people often think a mask alone can protect them but if the particles are floating in the air and get in your eyes you could get sick that way as well.

I cannot think of anymore and seriously I hope these are correct

I'm the biggest piece of trash you'll ever meet.
You are enough and you are worthy.
Anything less than that is a lie.
God loves you.
You are perfect just as you are.
Jesus loves you.
You are worthy more than many pennies and sparrows.
Even when no one else believes in you, always believe in yourself.
You know what everyone has those days where they feel like trash, I feel like this literally everyday as well
But you are enough
And somebody will always love you even if you do not see it now
Do not give up

New Threads

Top Bottom