• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Pattern: ASD or/and ADHD with "Narcissists"

You would be in the pattern but your offspring pattern does not hold which is more common in ECU (ASD +ADD). You are possibly one of my "primal sisters". Do you build your own reality through predictive theories?

I'm undiagnosed but strongly suspect ASD and ADHD both (not sure which predominates actually, there's so much overlap I can't tell.)

I'm not sure about predictive theories...likely after a fashion but no where near as much as you seem to!

There is a saying I have heard many times "It's an explanation, not an excuse."

Although I do not feel these things are disorders because there is no "why these things might exist" that is predictive, your understanding of disorderology is quite excellent! This lends to my view that you are understanding driven. We feel "loved" when people understand that we care and seek understanding our world through research and/or theories. ASD + ADHD (ECUC to ECUS+) also seems to make us magnets for the opposite gender because we are "super drones". (ECUC+ are primarily asexual so they do not experience this as much)

As far as "It is an explanation, not an excuse"... I have used this so many times when I have run afoul of another person due to my particular "brain configuration". Basically, I want to know when I make someone uncomfortable so I can change a behavior.

Saying this means "I will take responsibility for my actions that hurt you even if I had no idea I was doing that".

It is also something I say when I ask people to give me an "accommodation". (Don't show me that disapproval look but use words instead). Asking for this accommodation angers people sometimes... that is their deal at that point. Then I just wont deal with them. The disapproval face causes intense "triggery" reactions and deep pain in me possibly because of the abuse... at least that is a possible explanation.

I'm undiagnosed but strongly suspect ASD and ADHD both (not sure which predominates actually, there's so much overlap I can't tell.)

I'm not sure about predictive theories...likely after a fashion but no where near as much as you seem to!
It overlaps for sure... in that it is a distinct human cognition. See why disorders are so danged inaccurate?

So in our primal cognition, you are approaching your "35". This is a period of massive change that starts in the early 30's and usually become "baked" around 35. Your predictive theories may come online around then as mine started to. Think of it as a "mental puberty" in which your energy gets lower and lower for draining interactions with respect driven people. I am sure you are already starting to feel it... some start very early. Extremely somatic people may feel it in their 20's!

It overlaps for sure... in that it is a distinct human cognition. See why disorders are so danged inaccurate?

So in our primal cognition, you are approaching your "35". This is a period of massive change that starts in the early 30's and usually become "baked" around 35. Your predictive theories may come online around then as mine started to. Think of it as a "mental puberty" in which your energy gets lower and lower for draining interactions with respect driven people. I am sure you are already starting to feel it... some start very early. Extremely somatic people may feel it in their 20's!

LOL is my age listed somewhere? I'm 32...and yeah, definitely feeling that. These past couple years have been real doozies.

LOL is my age listed somewhere? I'm 32...and yeah, definitely feeling that. These past couple years have been real doozies.

Yeah... I got divorced from my respect driven wife and went sort of nuts in a good way around 34 :)
The FCT models started to become clear around the age of 37.

I think the 35 is a good thing, but man does it hurt at the time! I have cut out all respect driven people from my life at this point. The sooner that is done, the better. Now... getting their voices out of your head is another thing :eek:

P.S. Your age is on your profile... I checked to see how close you are to your 35 :)

Last edited:
This lends to my view that you are understanding driven. We feel "loved" when people understand that we care and seek understanding our world through research and/or theories. ASD + ADHD (ECUC to ECUS+) also seems to make us magnets for the opposite gender because we are "super drones".
Do me, do me!
What am I? :D

Do me, do me!
giphy.gif

Haha... I am pretty sure you are ECTC :cool:

BTW Do I look like Mantis or something? :p Drax is definitely ECTS! Mantis is ECUS. Groot is Groot. Rocket is kind of respect driven... a lite version anyway. Star Lord is CUS. Gamora is CTS, Nebula is CRUC, Thanos is ECRTS and so is Ego....

oh and Thor is like a pirate had a baby with an angel...

This might help people see these things a bit more clearly. They are based on a "gestalt" in my head for the types. These types are pretty obvious. In fiction, they are often simplified.

Types of some famous people and fictional characters:
Musicians:
Frank Zappa: EC+U+S+
Prince: EC+U+S+
Björk: EC+U+C-
Madonna: CRUS
Marilyn Manson: EC+T+S

Politicians:
Bill Clinton: C+U+S
Joe Biden: C+U+S+
Kamila Harris: C+RU+S
Hillary Clinton: CRU+C
Donald Trump: C+R+TS

Scientists:
Einstein: EC+U+C
Newton: EC+T+C
Oppenheimer: EC+T+S

Most Chess players:
EC+T+*

Television:
Kim's Convenience is based around a pattern family (almost accurate but they are all somatic)
Appa: CUS
Umma: CRUS
Janet: C+U+S
Jung: C+RU+S

Gilligan's Island:
The Capitan: CRUC
Gilligan: CUC
Ginger: CRUS
The Professor: EC-UC
Mary Anne: C+AU+C
Thurston Howell: CRUC
Lovey: C+US

Marvel Universe:
Capitan America: C+U-S+
Black Panther: C-T+S+
Shuri: EC+U+S+
Killmonger: ECT+S+
Klaue: CR+T+S
DC Universe... DC never did the types for some reason

Shakespeare:
Lady MacBeth: CRTS
MacBeth: CUS
Hamlet: EC+T+S

I grew up from infancy with a woman who was a narcissist. My life was a living hell. Associating with narcissists is not a good thing. I have a relative who is a psychologist and she has seen the damage. Narcissism is a form of emotional abuse. It is scientifically proven that victims of narcissistic individuals struggle in multiple areas of life. It harms one's psychological make up. I have been in therapy for over a year for this. My PTSD is so severe that interacting with people is extremely difficult. It now takes months for me to even consider someone a friend. Honestly, narcissistic people aren't nice people. They demand respect, but don't do anything to earn it. They force you to do what they want you to through guilt trips. It is in no way healthy.

I grew up from infancy with a woman who was a narcissist. My life was a living hell. Associating with narcissists is not a good thing. I have a relative who is a psychologist and she has seen the damage. Narcissism is a form of emotional abuse. It is scientifically proven that victims of narcissistic individuals struggle in multiple areas of life. It harms one's psychological make up. I have been in therapy for over a year for this. My PTSD is so severe that interacting with people is extremely difficult. It now takes months for me to even consider someone a friend. Honestly, narcissistic people aren't nice people. They demand respect, but don't do anything to earn it. They force you to do what they want you to through guilt trips. It is in no way healthy.

Thank you for saying all these difficult things to read. l am a survivor, l feel more alive and healthier everyday. But sometimes l swim in the deep end of my mind but l find now that l can exit the dark 6ft deep waters and lift myself out without hanging onto anger, sorrow, and shame that l felt after 18 years of marriage. Maybe because l take more responsibilty for staying as long as l did.

I think my late father was on the darker end of the spectrum.I know we have garden variety narcs, I think my mum's dad was one, he just liked to talk about himself, and was a bit domineering, but I don't like the labels NPD ASPD, psychopath, macievellian, if I was a medic I would call it "Dark Spectrum Disorder" the light grey end being the Mal-adjusted interpersonal types who use negativity to get by, and right up to the black end of the spectrum, the people who enjoy inflicting pain, chaos. I think my Dad might alas have been darkish grey.

New Threads

Top Bottom