• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Opinion Thread

Geordie

Geordie
What are your opinions on social, political and economic matters? Maybe you can have a thought on this thread.

Look forward to your contribution :)

Oh, yes, we'll respect each other's opinion :)

Last edited:
Why don't you begin by sharing your opinions? You seem to know a lot about politics: even international politics!

When it comes to economic matters, I feel that I do not understand them. I hear one person express one view, and I think "That sounds right," I hear someone else expressing a contrary view, and I think "He has a point."
I think that in economic matters, people want to have a model that will be perfect. One person says that if the economic world was set up along model A., everyone would have jobs and prosper. Another person says that if things were set up like model B., everyone would prosper, (and that model A is destructive.)
People posit their preferred economic model as if it would result in everyone prospering. They think "if all those idiots would just agree with me, then things would be fixed. It would be perfect".

But I don't think our world is like that. I think that any system will benefit some persons, and hurt others. I think that's just kind of how life is. Imperfect.

There are interesting objective economic processes like what Geordie and I have discussed. The mechanics of economics, so to speak. Stuff I like. I also enjoy seeing people like Geordie who clearly know how to crunch the numbers.

However there are also subjective economics discussed along ideological lines...the kind I'd prefer to avoid discussing altogether.

Last edited:
I feel, about most things involved in most of these topics, that radical reform is the only way things are actually going to change PERMANENTLY for the better. But I haven't a clue what the radical reforms should be in most areas, mostly because I don't know enough about the complexities of things like politics or economics to say. I just know that the status quo, particularly in countries like the USA, simply is not working anymore. There are other non North American countries who HAVE had radical reforms (or they'd look like such from my North American point of view), and they seem to be having much better success than us in areas like education, actually helping people who have illnesses, etc.

New Threads

Top Bottom