• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The most wonderful boyfriend ever

AngelWings17

As a girl with Asperger's, I never thought I could find a guy who would love me as much as my long term, committed boyfriend Brian is.

After my ex broke up me halfway through Freshman year of High School, I thought I would be single for the rest of my life. I didn't know how someone could love a freak like me (<-- In my 15-year-old mind). That is until I met Brian.

Well, let me backtrack first.

When I first met Brian through our mutual friend David, he was an asshole. And he even admits it himself. He almost got arrested at one point and he was a smoker at that time. He found me attractive and asked me out a couple times, which I said no each time. He's got Bipolar and Manic Depression, so I wasn't interested at first. For the longest time I didn't want a boyfriend with any sort of disorder/disability. This is where it gets sweeter.

He changed himself. For me. He quit smoking and became a nicer guy all so he could get me, his dream girl.

It was after I had donated my hair in my Junior year, three days after to be specific. He asked me out a third time and I said yes. Well, first I realized that he was really the one that was there for me the whole time and the one that truly did like me for me. That's when I started to develop feelings for him. I texted my friend and told her and I guess she told him because he texted me asking if it was true. My response was like "Alright. You caught me red handed. I do like you." So then he asked me out and I said yes, but for a trial period. Just to see if it would work, which it did. We tried it for a week at first, then a month, then once it passed the six month marker I knew that this love was true.

It's now been almost 3 1/2 years since I said yes to him. I'm so glad I did because he treats me like a princess. Like I'm the center of his world. I didn't know how to react to all the love at first, because I was so used to feeling so alone and isolated. Sometimes I'm still not sure how to respond to it. He's always the first one I go to with good news. The first one that I seek out when I'm in need of comfort. And, despite him not always wanting to tell me everything, he always comes to me first. He usually calls when he needs to say something. I usually text him when I need to say something.

I still have everything he's ever given me, some of it is in storage, but he gives me nice and thoughtful gifts every so often. The most recent being a beautiful Promise Ring. His exact words when he gave it to me were "I don't have the money for an Engagement Ring right now, but I promise to propose someday." So this is literally a placeholder for when he does pop the question.

Here is a picture of the ring:

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    335.2 KB · Views: 213

New Threads

Top Bottom