• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Lost City of Atlantis...has its location been in front of us all this time?

AGXStarseed

I came across this after another trip through the 'related videos' on YouTube and decided to share it to see what you guys thought.

Video Description:
Not only did the lost city of Atlantis actually exist, but its true location has been hiding in plain sight for thousands of years, completely unnoticed, as we’ve been looking in all the wrong places...Since everyone assumes that it must be under the ocean somewhere, such as in the depths of the Atlantic Ocean or the Mediterranean Sea, which have long been considered to be the most likely places for its existence. And no, I am not about to suggest that Antarctica is the hidden location of Atlantis, either. Because in this video, I am going to connect the dots on the exact words that Plato used to describe Atlantis, its location, and the geographical land features that surround it, which were recorded in Plato’s dialogues, the Critias and Timaeus. And the details that Plato shared of Atlantis, which I’m about to share with you in side by side comparison, will show you that the Richat Structure located in Mauritania Africa, also commonly referred to as the Eye of the Sahara, or the Eye of Africa…is the most likely location for the lost city of Atlantis.

Interesting as I had never heard of the formation before. But... No artifacts. They can't say it's Atlantis. Science believes it a natural formation.

Did not finish because it made me hungry and I suddenly wanted a Baloney Sandwich. ;)

baloney.jpg

I came across this after another trip through the 'related videos' on YouTube and decided to share it to see what you guys thought.

Video Description:
Not only did the lost city of Atlantis actually exist, but its true location has been hiding in plain sight for thousands of years, completely unnoticed, as we’ve been looking in all the wrong places...Since everyone assumes that it must be under the ocean somewhere, such as in the depths of the Atlantic Ocean or the Mediterranean Sea, which have long been considered to be the most likely places for its existence. And no, I am not about to suggest that Antarctica is the hidden location of Atlantis, either. Because in this video, I am going to connect the dots on the exact words that Plato used to describe Atlantis, its location, and the geographical land features that surround it, which were recorded in Plato’s dialogues, the Critias and Timaeus. And the details that Plato shared of Atlantis, which I’m about to share with you in side by side comparison, will show you that the Richat Structure located in Mauritania Africa, also commonly referred to as the Eye of the Sahara, or the Eye of Africa…is the most likely location for the lost city of Atlantis.
A great description of "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." As a professional geologist, I am familiar with this feature. It is a natural dome, and is merely one of the most clearly defined. It is not the oldest, or newest, or largest. Similar things are scattered around Texas and Oklahoma. There is no evidence that 12000 years ago the ocean was any closer than now, nor is there any evidence of any connection to the ocean. The low rings never had any collection of water other than occasional rainfall. There is no evidence of human occupation at any time except for campsites from recent investigators. In short, there is no reason the suspect this site is Atlantis.
Part of the problem is lack of understanding of the texts themselves. The Critias has the information derived from Solon. The Timeas is clearly stated to be logical speculation derived from the few facts in Critias. Unfortunately, people read it as a factual description. Another factor is translation of numbers. This is a known problem affecting other translations, not just this one. If you go back 900 years from Solon instead of 9000, you are near the date of the eruption of Thera volcano, which was probably responsible for destroying the Minoan civilization. My opinion is that this story refers the the Minoans and their fall.

Who will ever know? It could be. They did find some artifacts and tools there, the rest could have been washed away by a giant tsunami. To me though, it looks like a mudflat. I've seen circular natural formations like that in mud, just on a smaller scale of course.
Interesting watch, thanks!

I didn't watch all of it either. I got hungry too and went for a bag of chips.
But, living in FLorida, I think I know what it is.
It's the unexplainable vortice in Africa that spits out those pesky hurricanes towards us
this time of year.
Three are on the way now from there. :confused:

Interesting though. I had never heard of what ever it is.

A great description of "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." As a professional geologist, I am familiar with this feature. It is a natural dome, and is merely one of the most clearly defined. It is not the oldest, or newest, or largest. Similar things are scattered around Texas and Oklahoma. There is no evidence that 12000 years ago the ocean was any closer than now, nor is there any evidence of any connection to the ocean. The low rings never had any collection of water other than occasional rainfall. There is no evidence of human occupation at any time except for campsites from recent investigators. In short, there is no reason the suspect this site is Atlantis.
Part of the problem is lack of understanding of the texts themselves. The Critias has the information derived from Solon. The Timeas is clearly stated to be logical speculation derived from the few facts in Critias. Unfortunately, people read it as a factual description. Another factor is translation of numbers. This is a known problem affecting other translations, not just this one. If you go back 900 years from Solon instead of 9000, you are near the date of the eruption of Thera volcano, which was probably responsible for destroying the Minoan civilization. My opinion is that this story refers the the Minoans and their fall.

I totally agree with the concept that Atlantis was destroyed by the Thera volcano. I have visited the island of Santorini twice, toured the ruins, and seen the remains of the massive caldron. It is significant that the Minoan civilization abruptly disappeared contemporaneously with the Thera eruption.

New Threads

Top Bottom