• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

A 1936 Woodstock typewriter!

Sorry for the blurry image; I don't want to be recognizable on the mental illness forum--but this is my new '36 Woodstock and it still works beautifully! I have never found a Woodstock before that really worked good so this one's a huge surprise.

A pure joy to type on. I've got quite a little herd of typewriters now but this one really does run better than the rest. I think it will be due for the full restoration, and then -- on with the show.

WIN_20210602_21_48_51_Pro.jpg

I finally got around to getting a rainbow pride flag.

I'm also planning on getting some speakers for my computer; having to use headphones all the time is a little inconvenient.

As the curator of my personal museum of oddities I reside in, I'm always looking for new ways to display my "stuff"
Yep, it's a hoarder thing, this having lots of "stuff"

I recently found this for $1 at a City Mission store and just had to have it :D

20210609_184056.jpg

I may add a back to it and shadow box a few family photos behind it before I load it down with "stuff" :p

@Nitro I wish some of the old ‘treasures’ stored in the old shed could be sold to someone like you who might enjoy them. I’m going to end up giving it to a good cause Habitat for Humanity.

20210616_133302.jpg

A portable Lincoln Pro-Mig 180 wire feed welding machine, a gas flow meter, a pair of auto darkening goggles and 100 feet of #8-3 extension cable.

This will let me do repairs or work up to 100 feet away from a power outlet and I made an adapter pigtail that can utilize a standard 3 prong 30 amp 230 volt electric clothes dryer or cooking range receptacle so it can be used just about anywhere there is an electric dryer or range on the premises.
The power cables rated at 50 amperes draw were chosen to lessen resistance voltage drops when added to the circuit. They have indicator lights on the outlet plug ends to verify that there is current connected to them.

20210616_133317.jpg

Orange, auto darkening hood
Purple, floating ball type gas flow meter
White, auto darkening goggles
Blue, (2) 50 foot 8-3 extension cables
Red, argon/carbon dioxide shielding gas bottle

The cart was a repurposed Snap-on tool cart that got sanded, primed and treated to a fresh coat of paint.
The auto hood and goggles have a variable shade option and are clear enough to do fit work thru the lens in the absence of an arc.
In all, it's a professional quality very portable well equipped rig that should last the rest of my days.

Last edited:
Those in the picture are some Dominican Romeo Y Julietas. I ordered ten of them online. Not quite as swanky as the Cubans, but also less pricey.

Those in the picture are some Dominican Romeo Y Julietas. I ordered ten of them online. Not quite as swanky as the Cubans, but also less pricey.
They still look nice.
I don't smoke cigars...but every month or so I go through a jag of pipe smoking. Found an old WWII-era briar pipe for ten bucks and store-blend tobacco for cheap. It was meant to be.
In Connecticut there are locally made cigars and I am considering trying one out.

Forza Horizon 4 Exceptional Edition and that goes as "advance birthday gift" in my budget justification XD

New Threads

Top Bottom