• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Good Doctor (TV-USA)...

It came on before I even found out I was autistic, but I thought it was interesting and told a good story. Then, 3 or 4 episodes in, they had to have an episode that was all about sex and was as titillating as they dared make it for prime time. That’s when I stopped watching it. When they have to sex a show up in the 3rd or 4th episode, I can only imagine what they’ll do later.

From a Neurotypical perspective, it may be that they presume that we don't have sex lives.

Even when in fact we do.

That's not a message that bothers me in the least. If anything, another myth to dispel.

Though what I'd like to see is a carefully crafted explanation of what draws Neurotypical women to autistic men. Something that I've experienced a few times, without ever truly understanding. Experiences that should have built my confidence up, yet actually just left me with a bewildered smirk and little else. :confused:

Where instead of thinking, "Something tells me I'm into something good", you're really thinking, "What is wrong with this picture?" :eek:

Last edited:
I did not know NT women were drawn to autistic men. At least that hasn't been my experience...

OTOH even if they were unless the explicitly said something I wouldn't know...

Yay. Good to see a show that shows people with Autism can do one of the most challenging jobs there is - A doctor.

Loved the most recent episode. Where Shaun's patient was a rather nasty, but gifted surgeon. Who blew up at Shaun when it was suggested that the man was in fact on the spectrum. And how he would slowly begin to open up to Shaun about it.

There are a lot of us out there...undetected and undiagnosed. Whether we admit it or not.

So now Shaun and Leah are going to be parents. Should make for quite a sensory issue...perhaps to both of them. :eek:

Yes! The latest episode was very good! The interaction with the gifted surgeon was very well portrayed. I really like the way that Shaun has grown and adapted to the circumstances. I am looking forward to them being parents.

New Threads

Top Bottom