• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The first time you heard of homosexuality

I have a right wing back ground in the past and religious upbringing and dont see gay as evil after seeing science and made friends from the left and middle of the road. I see rationality and science as oppossed to radical backwards religious thinking.

I can, unfortunately. These days I still experience homophobia, but to a lesser extent. Even the past homophobia I've experienced still has an effect. I'm just fortunate that I live somewhere and I'm at a point in my life where I'm allowed to be openly gay. Some people don't even have that. However, even here it's not always easy. I got physically attacked once and spat at because they didn't like it. That was seven years ago and I still think about it even now. I'm glad that I have accepting friends and I have developed something of a thick skin but it's not impenetrable.
Your safe your ok being gay is not wrong.be you do not allow people to oppress you your a human being your not going to hell.

Im a strait former right in support of the lgbqt community, im a rebel and in the middle of the road. I am a Liberatarian.

scientific facts and educational in a rational matter.
scientific facts and educational in a rational matter.

This video is not exactly accurate and goes after Christians by naming the guy “Christian.” A tendency to be left handed is very clearly more genetic than a tendency to be gay, and a tendency to be religious might even be more genetic than a tendency to be gay.

These people didn’t need to exaggerate and go on the offensive. When the left says things which are exaggerations and attacks the right, it is not less wrong than when the right exaggerates and attacks the left

Do identical twins always have the same hand preference? | Washington State Twin Registry | Washington State University

What Twins Reveal About The Science Of Faith

Biology and sexual orientation - Wikipedia

A 2010 study of all adult twins in Sweden (more than 7,600 twins)[11] found that same-sex behavior was explained by both heritable factors and individual-specific environmental sources (such as prenatal environment, experience with illness and trauma, as well as peer groups, and sexual experiences), while influences of shared-environment variables such as familial environment and social attitudes had a weaker, but significant effect. Women showed a statistically non-significant trend to weaker influence of hereditary effects, while men showed no effect of shared environmental effects. The use of all adult twins in Sweden was designed to address the criticism of volunteer studies, in which a potential bias towards participation by gay twins may influence the results;

Biometric modeling revealed that, in men, genetic effects explained .34–.39 of the variance [of sexual orientation], the shared environment .00, and the individual-specific environment .61–.66 of the variance. Corresponding estimates among women were .18–.19 for genetic factors, .16–.17 for shared environmental, and .64–.66 for unique environmental factors. Although wide confidence intervals suggest cautious interpretation, the results are consistent with moderate, primarily genetic, familial effects, and moderate to large effects of the nonshared environment (social and biological) on same-sex sexual behavior.[11]

Your safe your ok being gay is not wrong.be you do not allow people to oppress you your a human being your not going to hell.

I'm an atheist so that isn't a concern for me, and I'm at a point in my life where I have accepted being gay. Still, I appreciate the sentiment.

I lived in a openly accepted sexual city and this helped guide my acceptance of people's wants. I don't feel it's my place to judge what you feel you need in your lifetime. I only need to understand my needs.

But it is disappointing to hear that abuse is also prevalent in these types of relationships.

This video is not exactly accurate and goes after Christians by naming the guy “Christian.” A tendency to be left handed is very clearly more genetic than a tendency to be gay, and a tendency to be religious might even be more genetic than a tendency to be gay.

These people didn’t need to exaggerate and go on the offensive. When the left says things which are exaggerations and attacks the right, it is not less wrong than when the right exaggerates and attacks the left

Do identical twins always have the same hand preference? | Washington State Twin Registry | Washington State University

What Twins Reveal About The Science Of Faith

A 2010 study of all adult twins in Sweden (more than 7,600 twins)[11] found that same-sex behavior was explained by both heritable factors and individual-specific environmental sources (such as prenatal environment, experience with illness and trauma, as well as peer groups, and sexual experiences), while influences of shared-environment variables such as familial environment and social attitudes had a weaker, but significant effect. Women showed a statistically non-significant trend to weaker influence of hereditary effects, while men showed no effect of shared environmental effects. The use of all adult twins in Sweden was designed to address the criticism of volunteer studies, in which a potential bias towards participation by gay twins may influence the results;

Biometric modeling revealed that, in men, genetic effects explained .34–.39 of the variance [of sexual orientation], the shared environment .00, and the individual-specific environment .61–.66 of the variance. Corresponding estimates among women were .18–.19 for genetic factors, .16–.17 for shared environmental, and .64–.66 for unique environmental factors. Although wide confidence intervals suggest cautious interpretation, the results are consistent with moderate, primarily genetic, familial effects, and moderate to large effects of the nonshared environment (social and biological) on same-sex sexual behavior.[11]
*yawn*there is a gay gene you might have it and be in denial.Being gay is not a crime, its 2020.

Last edited:
*yawn*there is a gay gene you might have it and be in denial.Being gay is not a crime, its 2020.

This video still leaves things out about everything being genetic, including being religious, and presents possibly questionable theories as facts, but it is a lot better than the other one. The gay uncle hypothesis makes sense as an explanation for homosexuality. If a mother has a gay brother and they are both looking out for her children, the children have an advantage because they have an extra person looking out for them and helping them.

But there just is not a single gay gene and so on that anyone has discovered.

“In August 2019, a genome-wide association study of 493,001 individuals concluded that hundreds or thousands of genetic variants underlie homosexual behavior in both sexes, with 5 variants in particular being significantly associated. Some of these variants had sex-specific effects, and two of these variants suggested links to biological pathways that involve sex hormone regulation and olfaction. All the variants together captured between 8 and 25% of the variation in individual differences in homosexual behavior. These genes partly overlap with those for several other traits, including openness to experience and risk-taking behavior. Additional analyses suggested that sexual behavior, attraction, identity, and fantasies are influenced by a similar set of genetic variants. They also found that the genetic effects that differentiate heterosexual from homosexual behavior are not the same as those that differ among nonheterosexuals with lower versus higher proportions of same-sex partners, which suggests that there is no single continuum from heterosexual to homosexual preference, as suggested by the Kinsey scale.[38]

Nice try, i support and defend gays as a strait man, being gay is not a crime!.

I am coming at things due to a sexual assault by a gay couple in college, then more sexual assaults, then manipulations and being homeless and so on for being an object of affection. Since I can’t get help from the psych community, because they are basically all gay advocates who find my real world experiences to be offensive, I made myself sort of a minor expert on the history of Western civilization and everything gay to try to make sense of why gays misbehaving must mean that I am terrible and need to be ganged up and don’t deserve basic human rights and so on

But I still don’t actually have anything against gays or care what gays do and I still feel bad for gay 13 year olds. Like if you read through things I said about the ancient world, it is not attacking homosexuality, it is defending Christianity

Like if you watch this video I posted before about just how insane things were in the first century AD when Christianity emerged it makes more sense

Here's what those Wikipedia articles stated:
"anal or oral penetration seems to have been reserved for prostitutes or slaves."

Here's the "sex" they allege these "gay" men engaged in - Intercrural sex - Wikipedia

Yeah, but imagine if you want to learn a trade in ancient Athens as a teenager, you had to put up with things like this. And the reason for no penetration was because these were free citizens, not slaves

But people could do whatever they wanted with slaves. As bad as more modern slavery was, it did not not often involve anally raping young men. As horrible as things were, Christianity introduced some sort of code of ethics into such things that did not exist in the ancient world.

REMINDER

The OP's topic for this thread is
"...what was it like the first time you heard of homosexuality."

One's personal memory.
Not history, not legalities.
One's personal memory of the
"...first time you heard of homosexuality."

When I was a kid. Other kids called each other gay all the time although I'm not sure I really understood what it meant until I became an adult.

Growing up in a rural northern white more farming community in the 80s, I don’t really remember any just general insulting about being gay, and very few about being black. The big slur was instead of saying “I talked him down”, various things about being Jewish were inserted instead of using the word “talk” or “talked”

But like the big ones bullies used were misrepresenting Hollywood movies. Like bullies mimicked Biff from “Back to the Future” a lot. Saying McFly this or McFly that and using this to torment other kids.

Was aware of it during late in elementary school (mostly in rude jokes), but I didn't know exactly what it was until around 2014-2015 around the time gay marriage became legal in all states, and I saw it depicted in a few YT videos in a more positive, educational manner. I was around 11 or 12 at the time, and that is what started to help me figure out that I am pansexual.

Probably wasn't aware until l moved to Frisco and lived on Polk street. This street had many friendly gay bars that straight woman went to.

Nothing wrong with being gay, bi, pansexual or trans, this is the USA! Or Canada, its not the middle east, here you wont be stoned to death or tossed off a roof your free and safe here, love is love.

New Threads

Top Bottom