• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The big day. D-day aka diagnosis day.

Perkinsj88

Well, it's about 3 in the morning so I should probably keep this short. I have an appointment to see my doctor at 2:30 this afternoon, I find myself in great angst despite my extensive preparing for this. I have drafted 4 different versions of a 2 page pitch explaining why I think I have Asperger Syndrome, I've also included about a page worth of supporting facts, listed out questions I wish to present if time allows, printed my autism quotient test results showing my score of 39/50, and printed a 3 page long guide to talking with your doctor about the idea of having AS which includes many common symptoms/behaviors and my personal description underneath each symptom. Maybe...just maybe I'm ready for this now. I can never explain things as I want, especially to doctors, and so I took preparation to a slight extreme. I hope someone can finally say "Yep, this is exactly what you have". Everyone wish me luck!!

P.S. Did any of you prepare in such an extreme way when you presented the idea to your doctor?

Good luck with your doctors appointment today; I hope that you're heard out and listened to. Let us know how it goes! And fear not for I plan on being very thorough with my reasoning's and explanations when I finally go see a doctor.

Well, yesterday's appointment went okay I guess. I was trying to read notes and just couldn't, I handed the doc my notes and such to read because I couldn't, even though I was looking right at it...it was like they weren't even there lol. I think she tested my claim of my great observance ability. She walked out of the room to make copy's of all my notes, when she returned she seemed kind of off-set from the way she had been previously acting. I heard a pen click and I immediately froze mid sentence and stopped all my fidgeting when I saw what appeared to be a syringe filled with some type of clear yellow medication, I couldn't take my eyes off of it. I thought she was going to sedate me and admit me to the crazy house LOL. She saw that I noticed it and knew exactly why I had frozen, she moved her hands off of each end to reveal she was holding a pen that looked exactly like a syringe. I knew she had a pen before, but it was a regular topped style pen because there was no click's while she was taking notes. Right after this she accepted the idea that I had Autism/Asperger Syndrome and told me I should see a psychiatrist, she couldn't change my diagnosis of ADD because she was the PA, the doctor made my original diagnosis of ADD. If this was indeed her intent behind the fake syringe pen she was brilliant for executing such a test, it was the only way to see "the real aspie", my fear outweighed my anxiety and I was frozen from it. So, I guess it went well, I'm still not quite there yet, I gotta go and see the head doctor to confirm my legal status as being autistic but I gained the reassurance from my primary doc that I'm not crazy in my reasons of self-diagnosing.

Thanks for all the encouragement! Its very important to me for my daughters sake, the diagnosis that is. Good luck to any of you pursuing diagnosis for yourself or children!

New Threads

Top Bottom