• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thanks, mom

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
Anytime l really needed my mom, she was absent. For anything basically. If someone is suddendly gone whether temporarily or permanently, when l really really needed them, it doesn't upset me because l am already conditioned in childhood. I expect friends to hightail exactly at the time my life gets shoved up my petite poophole. But l did a good deed Friday, and that was big pot of happiness for me. And it was for a senior citizen and sweet cat.
Anyhoo- what horrible childhood thing have you lived thru- and you are now a better person?

A child psychologist said i'd completely missed my childhood years ,to me that means I was born and became an adult ,I think it's because I picked up on the fact that my mother was very very very depressed and she talked to me about the cause ,she still showed me affection but telling me when I was about 18 months old has changed me for life ,like a Jewish man in Israel who resents his mother for constantly referring to her experience of the Holocaust ( you can see both sides when you watch the documentary )whatever he talks about she brings it back to her experience.

Sexual abuse from birth parent ( F). Severe neglect and emotional abuse from both birth parents.

I knew that birth M would not be my side, when I went to the police and told about the abuse and neglect, but it did still upset me, that she consistantly chose her husband over her own children and to this day, from through the grape vine ( I have nothing to do with her for years) she has not changed and if anything, when challenged by my siblings, turned it around that she was also a victim of abuse and that F used to beat her up, which is too fantastic ridiculous stupid to believe, since she had so many chances to put her children first, but chose HIM.

I, however, despite all the negatives about me, am surviving without a mother figure ( he died many year's ago now). But, having to battle ptsd from how my siblings treat me.

I read and cry. For me, mom is the best person on earth. This is my friend and adviser. I have not lived in a parental home for a long time. But I can always call her. My children know that their grandmother will always find the time.

My mother os a good woman who does her best. She had me not long after marriage. Her and dad ran off and got married. Back then we had no house to live in or money. We stayed with either mom or dads family. During those years they fought and argued a lot. It scared me i would run and call grandma. Who told me it would be alright. Most of the time i rarely got to see mom. She worked sixteen hour shifts at her plant. I had to stay up in order to see her. Many years later she almost lost her arm in the same plant. While pregnant with my brother. Thankfully she didnt lose him or her arm. I got to see her much more now. She was the one who found out i had autism. The one who took me to get tested. I always heard there were worse families and mothers. I took awhile for me to see i had one of the good ones.

My dad, well, he didn't want to be there and hated us all for making him stay, I guess. He was mean, angry and daily used his belt on us - with or without cause. My mom did more of the role reversal thing and she somehow managed to use my dad's abusiveness toward us kids to get sympathy for herself - from us kids. Yes, she made us feel sorry for her that she had to watch us kids get beat daily. But childhood is childhood. I'm sure I had some weird hang-ups from my childhood, but I'm not sure how much impact the way I was raised had on who I became. I have a brother and 2 sisters and we're all very different people.

Sexual abuse from birth parent ( F). Severe neglect and emotional abuse from both birth parents.

I knew that birth M would not be my side, when I went to the police and told about the abuse and neglect, but it did still upset me, that she consistantly chose her husband over her own children and to this day, from through the grape vine ( I have nothing to do with her for years) she has not changed and if anything, when challenged by my siblings, turned it around that she was also a victim of abuse and that F used to beat her up, which is too fantastic ridiculous stupid to believe, since she had so many chances to put her children first, but chose HIM.

I, however, despite all the negatives about me, am surviving without a mother figure ( he died many year's ago now). But, having to battle ptsd from how my siblings treat me.

It cuts like a knife when your own mother won't stand up for you. l left the home, and later l told my mom, you are in a abusive relationship. She would hear nothing of it. l didn't call the police. My grandmother tried to listen but she told me l had to go back to the house.

It cuts like a knife when your own mother won't stand up for you.

I was shocked at first, but began to understand gradually, that this female is pure narsissim and today, as an old woman and I am not even in her life, she cannot stand my siblings being in touch with me and puts seeds of lies in their path, so much so, that in fact, my nieces and nephew consider me the liar and not birth parent.

My dad was a narcissistic, abusive POS. He did unspeakable things to my mother, which I only found out about after he died, but the stuff I did know about was bad enough. (My mom wasn't always stellar either, but that was because she was responding to life with my dad, and I don't hold it against her in any way, even though it definitely affected me negatively at the time.)

Over the past couple years, I've been working to untangle the effects. I'll probably always live with it though. The surviving relatives on his side of the family have done nothing but circle the wagons and try to protect everyone from any consequences of wrongdoing, insisting on 'forgiveness' and 'family'. I cut them out of my life, too.

New Threads

Top Bottom