• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thank you! - relationship status

PinkPhilodendron

Hey guys,

I just want to give you guys some update on that guy I was crazy about one year ago. I posted about it here and you helped me alot. I don't think I would have been able to pursue things without your pointers and your positive motivation. We are dating since September now :)

So thank you! Without this place I might not be in a relationship with this man I feel so attracted and connected to and who is the most beautiful and vulnerable person I have ever met.

I was so scared, and to be honest, I still am very often. It's existential fear. But it is getting better. He seems to understand many of my struggles and to accept me and to support me. I am still very often very confused, and there are times when I feel I am not able to bear all this confusion and fear and insecurity and that I might just not be fit for a relationship emotionally and/or mentally.

But I feel like the luckiest person in the world when he walks through my door to spent time with me or waits for me in his car or calls me just because he wants to hear my voice or my support and so I know and I feel that all the struggles are worth working through. And all that fear is worth being overcome.

I want to give everyone here who struggles in love some hope. Things can work out. You might feel more fear than you thought your body could produce. You might have to be braver than you have ever been before. You might cry more than you ever have in your life. You might be more vulnerable and transparent than you have ever let yourself be. But if you keep your eyes open you might find someone you want to be extra brave and vulnerable for because them being part of your life seems more rewarding than any protection or safety in the world.

I wish I could enjoy the situation I am in more. I wish I could stop overthinking and overanalyzing. I wish I could just be happy. But I thankfully know how lucky I am. And thankfully I know that I am overthinking. And he knows it too. So it's all getting better every day, little by little, while I get used to a man showing me love and support.

Thank you again everyone!!!

<3

THank you for checking back in with us.
So glad for you and how things are going for you now.

New Threads

Top Bottom