• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Telegram Software

Butterfly88

Jello Queen
V.I.P Member
Does anyone use the chat app Telegram? A local aspie group uses it. If I'm in a group chat does it share my phone number? Is it user-friendly? It looks intimidating to me.

I have used it for several years for university groups. And no, the main reason my proffesors use Telegram is that you phone number is not shared or shown in the group. No one can see it nor share it.

@Butterfly88
Yes I believe it does unless you disable it. Go to settings/privacy and security/who can see my phone number, make sure that is toggled to nobody. You might want to go to the the voice calls section too and set it to nobody as well.

it is fairly user friendly and is very popular with drug dealers and their clients due to its encryption and ability to delete messages from both sides.

Narcotics Dealers Dump Dark Web for Telegram & WhatsApp

Last edited:
@Butterfly88
Yes I believe it does unless you disable it. Go to settings/privacy and security/who can see my phone number, make sure that is toggled to nobody. You might want to go to the the voice calls section too and set it to nobody as well.

it is fairly user friendly and is very popular with drug dealers and their clients due to its encryption and ability to delete messages from both sides.

Narcotics Dealers Dump Dark Web for Telegram & WhatsApp
Thank you for the info, I found the privacy setting to hide my phone number. Oh wow, yikes! This group seems pretty legit but I won't talk to random strangers there then.

Thank you for the info, I found the privacy setting to hide my phone number. Oh wow, yikes! This group seems pretty legit but I won't talk to random strangers there then.

Don't worry it doesn’t work like that, you won’t be contacted by strangers. You have to be invited to join a group for anyone to be able to message you, you can block them too if you want. If you’re on IOS go to settings/Telegram and block access to your contacts and photos etc too, perhaps.

Don't worry it doesn’t work like that, you won’t be contacted by strangers. You have to be invited to join a group for anyone to be able to message you, you can block them too if you want. If you’re on IOS go to settings/Telegram and block access to your contacts and photos etc too, perhaps.
Oh okay, good to know, thank you again!

Oh okay, good to know, thank you again!

You're welcome!

A funny story about this, a while back I was on a telegram group of, dubious provenance shall we say. I happened to be messing around in the groups early days, when I noticed that the group creator hadn’t hidden his phone number properly, although he did shortly afterwards, so I took a quick screenshot.

Anyway, time passed and I got into a dispute with him about a product I’d paid for but never received. He basically laughed at me and said tough, nothing I could do about it as he was anonymous and encrypted. I may have exaggerated my computer skills somewhat, and said quite the contrary I could and would get his details and share them if I wanted to, and I would if he didn’t honour our transaction. He called my bluff. I waited ten minutes, found the screenshot and called his number. I put my best intimidating voice on, and I could hear the shock and alarm in his voice when I called him by his username and told him who it was. He was extremely sorry and promised to make it up if I didn’t share the info I claimed I had about him. He made good and I left the group.

The moral of the story is, don’t mess with Aspies who enjoy going through settings and sub settings for fun and entertainment. You can run, but you can’t hide from screenshot untoggled privacy and security settings!

Last edited:
You're welcome!

A funny story about this, a while back I was on a telegram group of, dubious provenance shall we say. I happened to be messing around in the groups early days, when I noticed that the group creator hadn’t hidden his phone number properly, although he did shortly afterwards, so I took a quick screenshot.

Anyway, time passed and I got into a dispute with him about a product I’d paid for but never received. He basically laughed at me and said tough, nothing I could do about it as he was anonymous and encrypted. I may have exaggerated my computer skills somewhat, and said quite the contrary I could and would get his details and share them if I wanted to, and I would if he didn’t honour our transaction. He called my bluff. I waited ten minutes, found the screenshot and called his number. I put my best intimidating voice on, and I could hear the shock and alarm in his voice when I called him by his username and told him who it was. He was extremely sorry and promised to make it up if I didn’t share the info I claimed I had about him. He made good and I left the group.

The moral of the story is, don’t mess with Aspies who enjoy going through settings and sub settings for fun and entertainment. You can run, but you can’t hide from screenshot untoggled privacy and security settings!
Lol, that's a good story!

New Threads

Top Bottom