• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Teddybears and stuffed animals?

Is that babs from chicken run? I loved her from the movie for several years! The knitting aspect appealed to me for some reason

Yes, that is Babs! :smiley: She was my favorite in Chicken Run too - I thought she was the sweetest thing! I took that little plushie of her everywhere I went for the longest time...she was my comfort item and best friend. She still sleeps on my bed, too! :blush:

I have some soft teddies. as a child I had a soft toy monkey called alfonso and also a blue comfort blankie that went everywhere with me. apparently I used to suck the corner so much so that it went white haha.

Here's one of my teds. isn't he cute. so soft and cuddly

Attachments

• 20180818_152348.jpg
    20180818_152348.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 0
Have you a teddy or stuffy to snuggle with at night, or when life gets a bit overwhelming? Does this seem to be a sensory comfort for you? Does the stuffy need to be a certain size, plushness, material, gender, style, "character," or weight?

Does having a stuffy which meets your sensory needs help you cope?

Uh... asking "for a friend." ;)

i don't own a giant teddy bear yet.but i will,eventually.

I have some soft teddies. as a child I had a soft toy monkey called alfonso and also a blue comfort blankie that went everywhere with me. apparently I used to suck the corner so much so that it went white haha.

Here's one of my teds. isn't he cute. so soft and cuddly

i had a stuffed curious george,but i never slept with it.

I have a "metre" bear who's called big ted or just ted. He gets alot of love and he gets to sleep in my bed with my husband, who I've asked multiple times if he wants him elsewhere.. some nights ted ends up on the floor, but my husband assures me he doesn't mind as long as he's on my side of the bed and it's not every night. I just need the weight, softness and security. I've always slept with a stuffy ever since I was a baby, but I guess it's no different to sleeping with an extra pillow to cuddle. I also have a little bear who is our travel bear, he comes with me everywhere and I just like to look at him and take funny pictures of him posing for his Instagram account it is definitely a comfort thing. There is a huge plushie community on Instagram if you ever want to check it out ❤️

I have a smaller version of teddy that I have to pretend is my daughter's when travelling as I'd get a bit embarrassed if teenie teddy was spotted in my luggage :p:sweatsmile:

New Threads

Top Bottom