• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tech Question: Issue with newest Firefox update

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
I "hate" using Internet Explorer for internet... It seems my newest Firefox update for my PC (Windows 7 Pro) doesn't allow me to respond to forum posts... Since I am typing this from Internet Explorer... When I hover the mouse over the grey reply box nothing happens...

Just for the record, 24 hours ago when I logged onto the internet, via my usual Firefox, it gave me an automatic update that I wasn't expecting...

Anyone on the staff? I don't want to keep having to use IE for this forum...

Thanks! :)

Hmmm. I'm also using Windows 7 Pro, Firefox version 60.0 (64 bit).

I know the other day Microsoft notified me of an update that I processed before Firefox updated my version to 60.0. Have you done this as well?

It doesn't appear that any of my browser settings or firewall rules were changed regarding this update to version 60.0. Everything runs as before.

Last edited:
I'm running an older Win 7 box that is working with Win 10.
My Firefox is the latest version my OS is up to date, and I'm having no issues posting here with it, so there is really nothing I have to offer you on this.

Possibly, you could try reloading Firefox to see if it is strictly browser related, or if the issue lies within the OS update.

The only thing that comes to mind other than reinstalling it from scratch is to check your anti-virus/malware program running in resident memory. To see if it's inhibiting Firefox 60.0 for some reason relative to the most recent security fixes...but even that sounds like a long shot.

There just doesn't seem to be much feedback out there on the latest updates at the moment. You might also consider setting up your browser to dump its cache. Maybe there's something corrupted that is still being cached in memory.

Last edited:
Thanks... At work right now, not at home... And everything else with a text box seems to be working fine... Just this forum...

Thanks... At work right now, not at home... And everything else with a text box seems to be working fine... Just this forum...

In the case of a single domain giving you problems, yeah- purge your browser cache and do a cold boot when you get home. Might be the simplest way to potentially solve such a problem.

On occasion one of my security programs have detected URLs within in a browser session that might be harmful. Not sure if it would create any lockup or not in attempting to access such threads just to post in them. They were just things I noticed after the fact when accessing security logs.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom