• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

tattoos

Rachel Albritton

grasping life by the horns
do any of you aspies have tattoos? share them here and their symbolism/what they mean to you :) I'll start!

This is me and my Sagittarius tattoo. I'm kinda big on astrology :)

Attachments

• 1409760047521.jpg
    1409760047521.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 217
WIN_20140903_110757_zpsfe2a9596.jpg

Sorry for the crappy picture and excuse the mess.... the living room doubles as my toddlers' play room. But anyway, my best friend decided she didn't want to endure this cruel world anymore when we were 14 (knowing what I know now she was more than likely on the spectrum too). About the same time Fullmetal Alchemist started running in the US and I could relate to the Elric brothers in their quest to bring their mom back and got this as a tribute to the whole experience of losing her, healing process and all.

Please don't take the following comments as judgmental - I like tattoos, but in my professional and social circles they need to be concealable for a variety of reason when wearing formal or office apparel.

That said, I think tattoos are very sexy on women. A lot of guys disagree with me, but I like them. Same for piercings to some extent. (I have no opinion concerning tats on guys, really).

I wanted to get a tattoo myself, but my wife doesn't like them so I don't (it's important to me that she like my appearance, so while I know it is my decision I choose to respect her wishes for logical reasons). Of course, I'd get it someplace concealable for work and social purposes, but I'd still like to rock one out at the beach, for example. Maybe on my back of an upper arm. I've had many ideas as to what I would get, such as a cross.

doesnt sound judgemental at all :) I dont really intended on working anywhere so thats why i got one where i got it. lol. i am on disability for the AS so i really dont technically need a professional job. lol

doesnt sound judgemental at all :) I dont really intended on working anywhere so thats why i got one where i got it. lol. i am on disability for the AS so i really dont technically need a professional job. lol

Some jobs don't really require a specific appearance, and so it is not as big a deal. Really, what works varies from one person's situation to the next. i would like to get a tattoo for purposes of self expression, but it really wouldn't be the best thing in my circumstances because my wife would not like it, and that matters to me.

Still, I wouldn't mind if she got one in a place that didn't interfere with our lives and enjoyment thereof, but my chances of succeeding in that are pretty slim. I couldn't even persuade her to do a navel piercing. She is totally adverse to pain. C'est la vie.

My father-in-law says I should get a tattoo of the Dallas Cowboys star, but I don't want to, simply because I can't stand pain. It hurts me! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom