• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Talking To Myself

This is the "talking to myself" thread. Anyone who talks to themselves is welcome to share here. This is an audio recording I made. Don't know why this memory came to me suddenly. I felt to talk about it out loud as I was walking in the park. And I recorded it.

Painting My Face

You have a voice that is pleasant to hear

I am here today. I am actively working on my emotional maturity and feels good. I enlist a really handsome friend to pinpoint strategy that l may over look due to extenuating circumstances that are piled on me. I continue to stand up everyday and l need to realize l am not a victim, and l refuse to stand in the victim queue. Plus that line is way to long and it looks like you receive absolutely no truth when you get to the head of the line. An tthe irony is the line never ends because that is a perpetual victim, duh.

Being Alone

Regarding damaged people.
As for the ones who don't know they are damaged or don't want to heal, yeah, let them go, however, there are damaged people who are aware they are damaged and want to heal.

These people should not be left on their own, they deserve as much love as the next.

I can't decide whether solitude is the right way.
No man is an island, yet there are people who do live in solitude and are happy.

I find that my head can go up my backside if I am alone too much, which is why I like to be with people at times, not all the time.

I remember others have problems and challenges too, I feel good that some people can open up to me and feel helped by me, so, I might have problems but some nights I can go to bed feeling I have helped someone by being with them and listening to them, or even suggesting things which they may, or may not want to take up.

Have you thought of volunteer work with troubled people, youth etc?, you can come home on a night and be in solitude and also feel like you have helped someone.

Today I did both.
Went out and met friends after my dinner (that is midday meal where I come from originally)
Came home, had evening meal.
My head started going up my own arse worrying about the future, so I decided at 7:50pm to have a short walk and test out my headphones and talked to myself.
I'm glad I did that, I identified a question I need to know the answer to, so have asked it, not to any particular person, but I need the answer. How to keep motivated to do these things.

It has been interesting for me to share a few recordings rather than transcribe them. Something always gets lost in the transcribing process, as it's quite a lot of work for me to correct the transcribing errors, edit the text, and add punctuation. Whereas the recording is original and feels like it's exactly what I wanted to say. No editing required.

But it's not easy to respond to a recording; you can't grab a few words or a paragraph and quote it. If it goes on a bit it can be hard to encapsulate what it is you're trying to respond to without making notes along the way. I understand. Not many people listened, and not to the second and third one especially. But I still feel there is a place for an audible post. I may try again in another thread.

I dont have entire conversations to myself usually reminders and phrases thats it.
Conversations...no, I don't have those either, just monologues. Just speaking out loud about what's happening, what happened, and where I am.

It’s achieving the detachment part of being alone which I find the most freeing & refreshing. It’s like fresh air and oxygen after a stuffy closed up room.
There is potential for a future that’s very different, if you’re not attached. Change happens anyway so we may as well strengthen our minds.
I also liked what you said about withholding judgement, & stopping comparisons.
Maintaining detachment
and long as a person’s behaviour is decent, no harm to others, and no self-recrimination, then one’s energy is freed up.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom