• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Take Away Food

Manapua is a delicious item to eat in Hawaii. I love Chinese Taro cake, gotta be fresh. Shumai when l did eat meat back then, was yummy. Also Vietnamese sandwiches are great. LA - l ate pickled vegetables from the Korean store, and sesame donuts. And flip flops - the locals called slippers in the islands.

@Yeshuasdaughter

Here's my Mum's Beer Batter recipe. It's a very thin and crispy batter, no good for large items but if you chop the fish in to small bite sized pieces.....

2 parts Plain Flour
1 part Corn flour
1/2 a can of beer - I'm quite sure that you can find a family member happy to provide beer if you're cooking. :)

The trick is to do all the preparation first and only make the batter at the very last minute, otherwise the beer goes flat.

That's a fantastic recipe for prawns and squids too, but there's another thing my Mum used to do, as a snack when we were all watching TV.

Battered Cauliflower. Broccoli the same, cut it up in to tiny little trees then batter and fry it. What Mum did that was different was that she'd make a batch of batter first then split it in to 3 bowls. One bowl would be left plain, one bowl got some herbs and garlic, the third bowl got some chilli and parmesan cheese.

So the same cheap snack but 3 different flavours.

Last edited:
I love Mexican food trucks, beach shacks with burgers and fried seafood, and Chinese, Thai and Indian takeout places (usually in food courts.)

McDonalds and the like are so overrated lol, there are way better places to get better (and healthier) takeout food here.

This place is kind of near me, in a neighboring city and the name is kind of hilarious

6C3323AE-19F7-4B5A-AECE-13BFAD3A1189.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom