• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Take a look, you might find it of interest

Richelle-H

Autocosmic Reality Tester
V.I.P Member
I just watched a film on Netflix that has a neurodiverse character that is played by a neurodiverse musician, first time actor, that I found an honest portrayal of what it is like to yearn for something and looking for a way to make that a reality. This is true of the other main character, a one time member of a boy group who 20 years on is also looking for redemption.

That is a rather simplistic synopsis of the story but some here might find it as affecting as I did. The title of the movie pulled me in for some reason, knowing nothing of the plot. "I used to be Famous" does not pander and portrays things with an intelligence and understanding that touched me deeply.

Maybe others might feel the same way if they have access to Netflix. I give it an 8.5 out of 10 rating. It was great seeing someone on the spectrum given the chance to display his talent while playing someone very like himself, up to a point. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think of it..

I love stories like this. About youth, music and dreams. And an autistic character who is actually played by an autistic actor? I am def. Adding this to my watch list.

Last edited:
I'll check it out, too. I recently discovered "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" on Netflix and am hooked! I don't know if the actress who portrays Woo is ND but she convincingly plays a ND person.

I am wondering if @Mary Terry ever saw The Good Wife? It was a excellent TV series and l enjoyed the office politics and the courtroom bravado and the actual storyline.

This movie does sound interesting, need to sign up for Netflix or find it on Roku.

I am wondering if @Mary Terry ever saw The Good Wife? It was a excellent TV series and l enjoyed the office politics and the courtroom bravado and the actual storyline.

This movie does sound interesting, need to sign up for Netflix or find it on Roku.

I haven't watched The Good Wife. I'll add it to my list!

New Threads

Top Bottom