• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

SURPRISE! I have 2 lizards!

It`s all fun and games and hugging until the bear rips your arm off. ;) Then it`s not funny anymore.

Might come down to intent on the part of both man and animal. Perhaps most of all whether or not they sense fear. Though I don't believe such considerations can be consistent enough to determine relative safety either.

But it's fascinating to see it happen when it begins- and ends well. The point being that there are any number of species that may interact well with man on a limited basis beyond merely domesticated animals. - With no guarantees.

Much smaller and not as impressive as Steely Dan and Sid, but I have a lot of these on a slope around my garden. Salamanders. Funny little creatures.

salamander.jpg salamander2.jpg

The most compliant non-human subject I ever photographed- a Praying Mantis. It not only let me pick it up, but I took it home and placed it on my kitchen table to photograph. It just stared at me...as if it knew I intended no harm towards it. Almost a surreal experience with nature.

When I was done, I carefully returned it exactly where I found it. It was an insect, but for that short time it was also my pal. :cool:

Mantis.jpg

My beloved Yorkie never was so compliant when it came to my photographing her. :oops:

Last edited:
Honestly I don't see cuteness in insects, lizards, fish or most amphibians.
But I'm glad you DO and that you provide these creatures a loving home.

New Threads

Top Bottom