• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

SURPRISE! I have 2 lizards!

iamlindsaythatisall

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday
This is Chamber, a crested gecko. He is a sweet, yet crazy, boy. This is him holding down the fort while I went to sleep :)
4F1CDF9C-769C-4384-ADDB-93B7C9843EF3.jpeg

Omg!!! He is adorable!! I love geckos :)
I used to have lizards, I think I mentioned that to you before. I would want to have some now if my dogs were okay with small animals… but they’re not :/

You have two!? :) I thought one was cool. That`s amazing, those eyes are special. What do you feed them by the way?
Steely mostly eats greens now that she's an adult, but I'll give her super worms sometimes. She also loves blueberries and butternut squash, but those are a treat :) Chamber eats a special gecko mix that I get from pet stores. It's a powder mixture of fruit and bugs that I mix into a paste by adding water.

Omg!!! He is adorable!! I love geckos :)
I used to have lizards, I think I mentioned that to you before. I would want to have some now if my dogs were okay with small animals… but they’re not :/
Awww... yeah... unfortunately, I can see doggos thinking a smol lizard being a toy or food.

Do you have to keep them in a terrarium, or do you let them wander around in your home? And maybe this is a stupid question, but do you take them with you outside in the summertime? Or are they indoor lizards?

Give my best to Steely Dan and Chamber, they are very special.:) I hope we get to see more pictures later.

Do you have to keep them in a terrarium, or do you let them wander around in your home? And maybe this is a stupid question, but do you take them with you outside in the summertime? Or are they indoor lizards?

Give my best to Steely Dan and Chamber, they are very special.:) I hope we get to see more pictures later.
I let Steely walk around sometimes, but she needs her (fake) sun most of the day. I took outside sometimes in my hometown, but there are too many birds of prey where I live now :/ She also needs a bath... I'll post more pics when she's all cleaned up :)

Chamber just stays in his terrarium. I'll pick him up sometimes, but I stay very close to his terrarium. He's a quick little guy, and I don't want him to get lost in my house somewhere.

Chamber just stays in his terrarium. I'll pick him up sometimes, but I stay very close to his terrarium. He's a quick little guy, and I don't want him to get lost in my house somewhere.

I had to babysit a huge tarantula once, the owner was going away for a while, I felt a little bad for him being in the terrarium all the time so I let him out in my apartment.. Such a huge mistake! :) Do you know how fast those things are? They are fast! I struggled for a long time to get him back into his home. Not doing that again.

Looking forward to the pictures :) You have very interesting lizards.

This ^ made me wonder, what do you do with your beautiful lizards when you are away from home?

I love the pictures. :)

I have stayed in a couple of houses in which geckos live. I mean little wild ones. At night, they talked: sweet tiny squeaky sounds.

This ^ made me wonder, what do you do with your beautiful lizards when you are away from home?

I have stayed in a couple of houses in which geckos live. I mean little wild ones. At night, they talked: sweet tiny squeaky sounds.
My family rented a house in Hawaii for a while and we had wild geckos :) I love the sounds they make too!

LOL...yeah we had lots of geckos when I lived on the island of Guam.

My brother and I thought it was funny seeing them crawl on the ceiling. My mother? Uhhh..not so much. :p

I work from home, so that does make things easier. If I have to go grocery shopping or something, I don't worry too much about them. If I travel, though... I take them with me. Luckily, I have an SUV, so their terraria (terrariums...?) fit nicely in the back. I've only traveled home for holidays and such, so that also makes it a lot easier.

That guy playing with that 600 pound bear... bad idea. I have nothing against bears but they are so freaking strong! I stay away from them, no bear hugs for me.

I'm thinking that these examples are definitely exceptions...though "the rules" may not be so clear either when it comes to man and animal relating to one another. That more often than not man underestimates the thought processes of other species.

New Threads

Top Bottom