• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sunglasses

Oh yeah! Sunglasses are an integral sensory management accessory.

1684676548445.jpeg

Spending a lot of time on water, polarized sunglasses are a necessity, Plus in Whitewater they make it easier to read the currents.

I am too rough on things for plastic lenses so I swear by my AO Aviators.

I must wear sun protection when outside. I have prescription transition lenses. When it is really bright, I’ll put a pair of over the glasses sunglasses on over my regular glasses.

Polarized lenses enhance the ability to see things underwater, like fish, turtles, alligators.

I wear them outdoors and when inside under flourescent and LED lights in stores, etc. At home I only use incandescent bulbs in floor or table lamps so that the overhead lights don't bother my eyes.

When I had my car's windows tinted, I never thought about the practicality of a big and dark tinted "band" they put across the windshield. At first I thought it looked a bit cheesy. But driving for about two minutes in the stark sunlight made me realize how important that band really is, and how far down it went to work so effectively.

But to answer that question, no it doesn't replace a pair of sunglasses. ;)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom