• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sunglasses

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
Does anyone were sunglasses? I like to wear sunglasses because I am very sensitive to light and I even wear them at night. I love to wear mine all the time. I have so many pairs because I wear them so much. People look at me weird when I wear my sunglasses in the store or in restaurants, but I don’t care. They make me feel comfortable and relaxed so I’m gonna keep wearing them. :cool:

Not much of a choice for those of us who live in the desert.

Yeah, I often wear them indoors as well. My bad! ;)

I wear prescription glasses for distance sight anyway and four pairs of them are sunglasses.
One pair is Transitions.
I wear them when I know I'll be going indoors somewhere because you are right,
people look at you like, Huh?
I don't care either. I like different colors for the lenses too.
I get a lot of compliments on my purple ones.

I also love my sunglasses. Helps with my light sensitivity and I just like the look cool. Have different pairs for different activities. I usually take them off inside because I don't like to draw attention to myself but that's a me issue

Yes, I wear them to go out on sunny days. Lots of whitewashed buildings reflecting sunglasses where I live. If I don't wear them, I can barely keep my eyes open.

I don't know if it's ok to mention other sites or brands. But there is an online glasses shop that sells glasses, including transitions© and the cheeper no name band of the same thing for way less then any glasses shop I've found. Last I checked it was like 50 or 75 bucks total for the frames transitioning lensess and everything.
The name starts with a Z, ends in an I.
It might still be too much money depending on everyone's situation, but it's the best deal I've found.

I can only wear prescription sunglasses, but I accidentally broke my favorite ones the other day :(

I wear them outside when it's bright and wear them inside at work, because of the lights. Except in my office, since I have a special lamp there.

At my most antisocial, I wore sunglasses by day and at night for social gatherings. I hid my eyes from others so they could not see that I was not looking at them when in direct conversation. Now, I rarely wear them.

I've worn sunglasses regularly since I was a teenager, even indoors.

My style has changed over the years though, went from aviators to the work style that wrap around the eyes.

New Threads

Top Bottom