• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Student research

Napalm Blues

Sorry if this comes across as spam but a little bit about me...

I'm currently in my last year of high school and I figured that I could use the opportunity for my research task to be about autism and employment. Being autistic myself I kinda felt like this is something that I could be able to explore, I know that race and gender are just as important but I feel that a lot of the stuff that looks into autistic people are often condescending and lacks a comprehensive understanding to something so complex and diverse that I felt that maybe I could have some kind of edge. Also, the issues that I will discuss in my research also affects me in some way. I guess I'm kinda worried if I would be able to deal with the pressures of being an adult, using social connections to my advantage and fitting into a role in the job by meeting expectations.

Besides my rambling, I'm looking for autistic adults/aspies who is currently employed or is seeking employment.

It's a pretty short survey but it would be greatly appreciated and treated with consideration and anonymity.

Great survey, I wish that I had researched Asperger's Syndrome back in high school. I feel like it would give me a better understanding of how I cope with living alone. I recently graduated college and I'm currently seeking full-time employment, but it's a competitive job market and it has been challenging for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom