• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Struggling to Understand Nonverbal Cues....

I learned through memorization of the context of situations. Humans are repetitive creatures thus come across analogous situations many times and I act accordingly. This is a far from perfect method and granted does require a memory that is reliable. But it works more times than not for me.

I learned through memorization of the context of situations. Humans are repetitive creatures thus come across analogous situations many times and I act accordingly. This is a far from perfect method and granted does require a memory that is reliable. But it works more times than not for me.
I appreciate your input on this.

I don't know how motivated you are,...or how much time and money you have,...but I found this series helpful. 12 lectures,...each about 30 minutes.

The Great Courses,...Understanding Nonverbal Communication

The Great Courses

Yeah, as mentioned above, one can learn a lot of NT behavior as sets of rules. Sometimes the rules seem irrational but that has nothing to do with whether they are useful to know. I sometimes find myself going down an algorithm in social situations. It is slow, more granular than doing it naturally, and uses a lot more processing power than an NT who runs on intuition but it still works for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom