• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Street Art

Outdated

I'm from the other end of the spectrum.
V.I.P Member
I braved the cold and went out for a ride on my bike, specifically to take a photo of this little girl. I don't know who she is but someone looks after her because she's always got fresh ribbons in her hair. This is just a suburban back street where it goes over a culvert. I've seen a few sculptures by the same artist but I can't remember where I saw the rest of them.

Water Watcher.JPG

I braved the cold and went out for a ride on my bike, specifically to take a photo of this little girl. I don't know who she is but someone looks after her because she's always got fresh ribbons in her hair. This is just a suburban back street where it goes over a culvert. I've seen a few sculptures by the same artist but I can't remember where I saw the rest of them.

View attachment 91557
That's really cool! I'd imagine it also serves as a reminder to be careful driving if there's a possibility kids could run out into the road.

Adelaide really supports the arts, I'm not at all arty myself but after living in a few other cities I'm enjoying it. There's paintings and sculptures all over the place. Most of them just like this one, no name, no plaque, no reason. It's just art.

Adelaide really supports the arts, I'm not at all arty myself but after living in a few other cities I'm enjoying it. There's paintings and sculptures all over the place. Most of them just like this one, no name, no plaque, no reason. It's just art.
I wish there were a few more things like that where I live. Just something whimsical that makes you smile and think a little! :)

I just looked on Google Maps to get the location coordinates, and it turns out she has a name and is marked on the map. The name's a bit sus though because the suburb is called Marion. :)

I just looked on Google Maps to get the location coordinates, and it turns out she has a name and is marked on the map. The name's a bit sus though because the suburb is called Marion. :)

You know what!? I just had an excellent idea! I could make my dad's car into street art! I've got some welding gear and a couple of angle grinders! Rather than complain about the lack of street art here and how rubbish VWs are I could solve two problems at once! :smilecat:

I love so much that kind of art and art that is on buildings.
That's actually my plan for Christmas Day, there's a lot of fantastic street art in the CBD and that's about the only day of the year that I can take pictures without cars and people in the way.

Great thread, Outdated. I live for this stuff. I think one of the really awesome things about something like this street art is that it inspires in many ways. Like you, got on your bike and got out into the cold, often a fun experience in itself. Then the googling of things, finding deeper information or new places to investigate. Once street art sparks our interest, we can start to see it everywhere and wonder about what other secret places it may be.

My favorite “street art” that I did was more like trail art, and I left a small gargoyle that I made in the woods by the opening to a stone wall. It was actually somewhat of a secret path that only the dog walkers used so that we could stay away from the main trails and the hikers who didn’t want to see our packs of dogs. The gargoyle was like the guardian of the dog path.

Last edited:
You know what!? I just had an excellent idea! I could make my dad's car into street art! I've got some welding gear and a couple of angle grinders! Rather than complain about the lack of street art here and how rubbish VWs are I could solve two problems at once! :smilecat:
Do it! Post it! I want to see!
Pretty please?

I had a beautiful morning stroll in perfect weather. I took my time and probably walked about 6 Km in just over 2 hours, then I saw my reflection in a shop window and realised why my legs were getting tired. I need to lay off the pies and pasties a bit.

I’m sharing just one at the moment, my favourite. I haven’t done anything to it except a quick resize and a bit of compression for posting on the net. Later on I’ll join the pieces together to make one large picture.

As you can see in the first image, this isn’t some tourist destination, it’s just a quiet alley in the back end of town. Most of them are like this, they serve no other purpose than to be art.

Roo-001.JPG

Roo-002.JPG

Roo-003.JPG

Roo-004.JPG

This is a government owned building leased to an amateur theatre club, next door to the central bus station.

Theatre.JPG

A Chinese Doctor. Once again, no name, no plaque, no reason. It's not even in Chinatown. Chinese people did play a large role in our early history though, many came to Australia to hunt for gold. That was before we became racist religious fanatics.

Chinese people were also considered to be lucky. Good luck or bad depending on how you treated them.

Chinese Doctor.JPG

A Chinese Doctor. Once again, no name, no plaque, no reason. It's not even in Chinatown. Chinese people did play a large role in our early history though, many came to Australia to hunt for gold. That was before we became racist religious fanatics.

Chinese people were also considered to be lucky. Good luck or bad depending on how you treated them.

View attachment 92549
It’s so interesting to see where these types of statues are worn… Where people have touched or interacted with them. It looks like a lot of people have touched his fingers

A smiling man. I don't know why.

I haven't cropped or edited any of these pics yet, just a quick size reduction for posting here.

Man Smiling.JPG

New Threads

Top Bottom