• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stranger Things: an observation about the show

Magna

V.I.P Member
Only people who have watched the show will know what I'm referring to and I don't think mentioning this one thing constitutes a "spoiler", but I've been re-watching Stranger Things and I think the "Upside Down" is a good analogy for the inside of the body. Both are dark, mysterious, unknown as to what's really happening (or not) inside of them at any given time, vein-like network like in the human body, etc. Both are closely linked to the outside world.

Interesting perspective.

I simply took it to be another dimension, an actual place. However, it did have some symbolism with the darkness and evil that is within us all, that if left unchecked, could swallow us all up.

Interesting perspective.

I simply took it to be another dimension, an actual place. However, it did have some symbolism with the darkness and evil that is within us all, that if left unchecked, could swallow us all up.
I don't think the creators intended for it to be an actual analogy for the inside of the body. I was just thinking there are a lot of similarities. Also, the portals to and from the "Upside Down" are like incisions or fistulas from the outside to the inside of the body as far as gaining access to it.

New Threads

Top Bottom