• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stolen ideas ....getting over it

I'm not crazy, bad things happened even after apartheid. But being outnumbered by enough people who believed world was flat wasn't going to solve anything.
But my crazy accusations of employees who were restricted from outside contact and disappeared have stopped. Apartheid ended a long time ago.
Whatever happened my version was never heard and it's best to leave sleeping dogs....
Take my son's to find a better life than what I had.

17 years ago I really had a meltdown, but it was from keeping quiet for so long about people and way things went and were always going. I suppose I didn't calculate my reaction as I just lost it and that wasn't me who had learnt this control, but they pushed the line that day. I can't remember half of what I did, but I remember pacing in doctors office, going to toilet, jumping out little window and trying to run away from doctor who said I was insane.
I spent 72 hrs under observation and was committed. I told the doctor what they had done, but he said they were worried to release me so I went bananas. Took about 3 months to get out, the anti-psychotic made me do stuff I had to get meds to combat side effect and sneak off drugs. I packed up shortly and left.

I'm not going to blow a fuse, I'm just planning to move away and then I think it's time I teach my kids my ultimate lesson on independence thinking!!
And here you are. :) Forever forward.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed your post was more about boundaries and respect, rather than the best way to get ideas out there. When a lot of people hear a good joke or insight they say, "Ooo, I'm going to steal that." To most people this is totally appropriate, and they like the idea of presenting themselves a certain way. They want a certain response. To me it's disingenuous and distasteful. You're not being yourself. If I said something funny to a group it's because it popped into my head, or I wanted the challenge of making a joke. Most people, in my experience, do it for self-image.
Hard to say about whether this is a "micro" or "macro" issue.

Especially when you consider the degree of intellectual property theft accomplished at a national level. Not to mention the advance of technology making it more difficult to protect all sorts of "profitable" data. Perhaps some view this as an acceptable social practice on an individual level as well.

Lots of ways of looking at what seems universally problematic, whether on a personal level or something considerably broader. We live in perilous times...perhaps with social culture at times evolving as fast as technology.

Last edited:
Were you talking to me?
Ranting, venting. I tried to make sense of it all, it was events from pearl harbour that lead USA into war, perhaps unliked due to slavery and that new power was thus. Usa left comments that they tried to remove iron curtain but it was a bad alliance which was history of our people. I think people knew Hungarians were invaded by nazzi it wasn't issue, Austria was offering blond lifestyle but didn't realise it was story of beauty and the beast. How vieetnaam came about and things just turned horribly wrong, I don't think vieetnaam ever attacked on US soil or deserved fate Japs brought. I suppose Hungarians knew about the effects of those in power and history in Europe of civil war.
My Hungarian family says to me we are who we are Kayla, we try to do what we can. The world always was what it was.

What I'm saying is eventually a person gets tired of standing up for issues because your life can too become a battleground. Those who blame others take no responsibility for events of you Reep what you sow.
I think a family business shows how an autistic couple can work together, sharing weaknesses and strengths to better survive a world they are not built for. But it's a complex issue. If I had friends I'd started by business with it would have succeeded because varied talents.

Often those who are agressive fighters or martial arts experts are strong, but they are strong because of the people who worked to change the world, little judgement is given to this, the end result is a decision as to if he is deemed succesful. Society is very much like this and justifies echnoring past to promote survival but often a person is a rough diamond who with TLC can shine and be a great partner.

New Threads

Top Bottom