• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Still single

*can't even get a coffee date* is a repeated refrain of yours.

Has it occurred to you that possibly this is not the goal
sine qua non of life?

*can't even get a coffee date* is a repeated refrain of yours.

Has it occurred to you that possibly this is not the goal
sine qua non of life?
It has never crossed my mind. I just constantly worry that I’ve fallen too far behind and can’t catch up.

Constantly expecting perfection isn't doing you any good.

Incremental increase is not failure.

To experience incremental increase one has to persist.
Not go *woah, didn't work, give up....*

I am turning 36 this August and I still can’t even get a coffee date. I didn’t want to be like this but it’s what I’ve become.
Me either unless it's with the opposite gender and it drives me nuts but lately I am starting to not care because nothing I do seems to change anything.

If this even counts as an 10 gram solo hangout my coffee shop girl walked with me to get a coffee outside to the farmers market outside our church and we talked for about 10 minutes walking. I greatly appreciated it as she cheered be up and is a good friend but I know that is the closest I will ever in my life get a solo hand with a girl.

It has never crossed my mind. I just constantly worry that I’ve fallen too far behind and can’t catch up.
Society makes it seem like a competition, but it really isn't in the sense that you are free to live in this world.

Do you (or would you family help you to) have the means to go for a degree from a technical school or for a Bachelors degree?
If so, this is a good way to try to work for what you desire.

New Threads

Top Bottom