• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Still not sure.

Hmm, how to even describe it. I think I had a variety at first, but by mid-elementary school I had a universe that's never really stopped developing since then. I guess it's sort of a mix between a sci-fi and fantasy world, full of aliens and somewhat scientific but also with plenty of fantasy elements. By this point it has multiple generations and history and social structure and culture and even main characters who could be considered neurodiverse, although none of them are human so not in the same way we are. I've written a little about it but haven't managed to turn it into book form. I seem to have two main problems; first, by the time I tried to write it down it had become so complex that it was hard to figure out where to start, and second, I'm much better at writing exposition than narrative. So I've written plenty about it, but only little snippets of stories. I'm working on improving my narrative skills, though. I wish I could just transfer everything in my head to paper. I'm also rather self-conscious about it, though, because I'm used to not being able to talk about things like that to anyone because my family isn't interested in that kind of thing and neither were any friends I've had. What were your worlds like?
I have my own universe as well. Like you it all started to develop mid-elementary school, and also like you I was good at doing the exposition then write the stories, but a teacher helped me find a way to actually write it all down in story form. I lost the method after I was done with the five books :( so I haven't been able to write a lot more in my universe. Most of my characters I would say, seem like NT’s, except for my main characters, they are as I like to say like me. They are either alien but don't know it or half alien but don’t know it. Stuff like that.

In your stories are their any humans? In mine all of the characters look human although they are from a different world. My main character is an alien but doesn't know it. Spoilers...
Only one human, and she isn't actually the main focus of the story. More of a significant side character. Actually, there are a few more later on, but I mostly focus on the aliens. It actually feels weird to talk about them as aliens because it's all from their perspective, and of course they don't consider themselves to be aliens. The main aliens are pretty human-shaped but with black, somewhat metallic skin, slightly different features, solid-colored eyes, and different hair color. As I write this I feel inclined to go on a tangent about significance of hair and eye color but if I did that I could end up accidentally writing an essay and that seems unnecessary.

Only one human, and she isn't actually the main focus of the story. More of a significant side character. Actually, there are a few more later on, but I mostly focus on the aliens. It actually feels weird to talk about them as aliens because it's all from their perspective, and of course they don't consider themselves to be aliens. The main aliens are pretty human-shaped but with black, somewhat metallic skin, slightly different features, solid-colored eyes, and different hair color. As I write this I feel inclined to go on a tangent about significance of hair and eye color but if I did that I could end up accidentally writing an essay and that seems unnecessary.
I can feel the same way. For me it's magic and and if someone have gloved hands or not. Gloved hands are very important in my story, and magic is all harmonic based that and inner magic.

Hmm, how to even describe it. I think I had a variety at first, but by mid-elementary school I had a universe that's never really stopped developing since then. I guess it's sort of a mix between a sci-fi and fantasy world, full of aliens and somewhat scientific but also with plenty of fantasy elements. By this point it has multiple generations and history and social structure and culture and even main characters who could be considered neurodiverse, although none of them are human so not in the same way we are. I've written a little about it but haven't managed to turn it into book form. I seem to have two main problems; first, by the time I tried to write it down it had become so complex that it was hard to figure out where to start, and second, I'm much better at writing exposition than narrative. So I've written plenty about it, but only little snippets of stories. I'm working on improving my narrative skills, though. I wish I could just transfer everything in my head to paper. I'm also rather self-conscious about it, though, because I'm used to not being able to talk about things like that to anyone because my family isn't interested in that kind of thing and neither were any friends I've had. What were your worlds like?
"but haven't managed to turn it into book form"

I don't mean to intrude, but, reading your post, I am strongly inclined, if you like to read, to recommend the
Xanth series, by Piers Anthony.
I suspect that you'll love it.

"We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast program."
:)

I don't mean to intrude, but, reading your post, I am strongly inclined, if you like to read, to recommend the

After reading three of your posts in quick succession, I gotta say, you are one of my favorites, with all the humans (and most other animals) as my options. :D:rolleyes:

if you want to you can tell me more about your worlds, I love hearing about other stories. Just let me tell you about my world also. :)

if you want to you can tell me more about your worlds, I love hearing about other stories. Just let me tell you about my world also. :)
Sure, tell me anything you like about your world. I don't even know where to start with mine. There are too many things that may not make sense without explaining other things. Basically, the main character in the main time period is the daughter of the emperor of a multi-planetary empire, so she's royalty but she's not necessarily treated that way because she's also aishke, which is a genetic variation that was bioengineered thousands of years ago in a civilization-destroying war but still remains in the population and in modern times is considered more of a psychological and medical problem. Aishke kids are generally brilliant and powerful but also prone to violence and rather eccentric so they're considered a liability in an imperial culture that's mostly concerned with maintaining its own power. When she's nine, the enemy from that war attacks again and the main character ends playing a critical role in defending the empire and eventually fighting back against their enemy. There are other main characters and story lines but hers is the main one. What's yours about?

I probably will like it whenever I have time to read fiction again. Right now grad school doesn't give me much time to do anything.

Sure, tell me anything you like about your world. I don't even know where to start with mine. There are too many things that may not make sense without explaining other things. Basically, the main character in the main time period is the daughter of the emperor of a multi-planetary empire, so she's royalty but she's not necessarily treated that way because she's also aishke, which is a genetic variation that was bioengineered thousands of years ago in a civilization-destroying war but still remains in the population and in modern times is considered more of a psychological and medical problem. Aishke kids are generally brilliant and powerful but also prone to violence and rather eccentric so they're considered a liability in an imperial culture that's mostly concerned with maintaining its own power. When she's nine, the enemy from that war attacks again and the main character ends playing a critical role in defending the empire and eventually fighting back against their enemy. There are other main characters and story lines but hers is the main one. What's yours about?
“Aishke”, I like that word. I have two main worlds right now with my stories. Things that take place on Earth, and things that take place on another world known as Terinta. The five books that I wrote all takes place on Terinta and follows the story of an eccentric odd socially bullied and floundering teen named Seth who is incredibly powerful in magic but doesn’t know it. There are these alien’s that can be what ever they like so they take human form when there around humans as to not freak them out, but they are called the Kry. The Kry is a plural and singular word so it is always Kry. The Kry are all powerful and are both loved and hated by the humans of Terinta. The time lines for Terinta and Earth is difficult to explain but Terinta is older than Earth so the stories that takes place on Terinta are when humans were just being hunters and gatherers. In the stories on Earth take place in the present day and is about a half alien and half human named Steven. I haven’t written much of that book yet.

“Aishke”, I like that word. I have two main worlds right now with my stories. Things that take place on Earth, and things that take place on another world known as Terinta. The five books that I wrote all takes place on Terinta and follows the story of an eccentric odd socially bullied and floundering teen named Seth who is incredibly powerful in magic but doesn’t know it. There are these alien’s that can be what ever they like so they take human form when there around humans as to not freak them out, but they are called the Kry. The Kry is a plural and singular word so it is always Kry. The Kry are all powerful and are both loved and hated by the humans of Terinta. The time lines for Terinta and Earth is difficult to explain but Terinta is older than Earth so the stories that takes place on Terinta are when humans were just being hunters and gatherers. In the stories on Earth take place in the present day and is about a half alien and half human named Steven. I haven’t written much of that book yet.
That definitely sounds interesting, and your blog looks interesting too.

My books are named The Kry Chronicles and they all follow the story of Seth and his friends. Do you have a name for your story?
I don't. I've never been good at naming things, at least not in any language that actually exists. I probably over think it.

@Seth R Yeah I like coding. Hacking is more of a lifestyle. If you hack something to make it work better, you are a hacker. Slow and deliberate actually serves you well as a hacker.

@MeghanWithAnH and @ china autie why did you create your stories? I created mine because my worlds were in a way predictable. They also just came to me, like a dream. Did the same thing happen with you guys?

New Threads

Top Bottom